Are you allowed to take water bottles or canned sodas on board in 2019?

Mel40

On 4/28/2019 at 12:21 PM, Mel40 said:

Other than 2 bottles of wine, are you allowed to take a case of water bottles or can of soda on board on embarkment day?

Hi Mel40, you are allowed to bring up to 12 non-alcoholic beverages per stateroom in the form of standard (17 oz) cans, bottles or cartons.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/save-money-royal-caribbean-cruise-vacation

There seems to be a bit of misconception about what types of drinks may be carried onboard.

We received our Guest Ticket Booklet for our 13 June cruise on the Grandeur out of Baltimore several days ago and the way the official word is printed is that only 2 - 750ml bottles of Wine may be taken onboard, anything else could be confiscated. Read the first 4 1/2 lines.

image.png.218cd5197f1a9f3706a314b60e930ce3.png

We do plan to still bring 2 bottles of wine, 12 cans of soda and two sturdy but empty water bottles. Let the Games begin.

17 minutes ago, 711Dave said:

There seems to be a bit of misconception about what types of drinks may be carried onboard.

We received our Guest Ticket Booklet for our 13 June cruise on the Grandeur out of Baltimore several days ago and the way the official word is printed is that only 2 - 750ml bottles of Wine may be taken onboard, anything else could be confiscated. Read the first 4 1/2 lines.

image.png.218cd5197f1a9f3706a314b60e930ce3.png

We do plan to still bring 2 bottles of wine, 12 cans of soda and two sturdy but empty water bottles. Let the Games begin.

Unfortunately that documentation is out of date.

Late last year Royal Caribbean began allowing formally guests to bring non-alcoholic drinks in limited quantity. 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2018/08/28/royal-caribbean-now-allowing-guests-bring-non-alcoholic-beverages-onboard

I understand what you are saying Matt but I find it kind of sloppy of RCL to send official documents 4 days ago (45 days out) that are incorrect.

I was aware of the new policy of RCL to allow 2 bottles of wine plus 12 cans of .....  

I hope they have not reverted to back to as it was.  We will see.

Just now, 711Dave said:

I hope they have not reverted to back to as it was.  We will see.

Even before this official policy shift, they tended to look the other way when it came to non-alcoholic drinks anyway.  The policy update was a reflection of reality more than a fundamental shift.

I wouldn't worry about it. Simply pack the non-alcoholic beverages in your carry-on luggage and don't even mention it to anyone.  You should have no issues.