What's Still Missing?

FManke

More young people relevant events on the boat. My wife and I love cruising and are in our late 20s. I feel like many of the events such as the 70s dance party are geared towards such an older audience. I have seen what Carnival is doing with their new ship venues including a brewery that is definetly marketed toward millennials, I think Royal needs to jump on board and start marketing toward that generation

I would also like events on the ship early in the morning. We are the weird people up to run at 6am even on vacation, but there usually aren't any fun events to do during the morning/early afternoon on the ship. 

An adults arcade type environment similar to a Dave and Busters would be awesome as well (I always feel weird old guy hanging out playing skee ball with a drink in my hand surrounded by little kids).  

A retractable rail zipline that goes around the whole outside of the ship, starting at slightly more starboard of its original location around the ship, ending on the portside of the boardwalk near to the portside rock-climbing wall.

A cascading pool in the Solarium like on Anthem ots.

Finally, the ability, at certain hours in the day, to be able to use the Auqa theater pool, for recreation, like the other pools...to relieve or redirect some of the crowd from the other pools.

5 hours ago, Tplanav1 said:

More young people relevant events on the boat. My wife and I love cruising and are in our late 20s. I feel like many of the events such as the 70s dance party are geared towards such an older audience. I have seen what Carnival is doing with their new ship venues including a brewery that is definetly marketed toward millennials, I think Royal needs to jump on board and start marketing toward that generation

Trying to explain to my eight year old what people wore in the 80s for the 80s party was hilarious. Almost as fun as trying to explain to her what a pay phone was and why we needed them. 

Specialty restaurants that vegetarians can actually eat at to be more accommodating. Was disappointed to see menus for Symphony where there is only one restaurant, Jaimes, that has options for vegetarians. All of the other specialty restaurants don’t have any options or are very limited. Then people that travel with people that don’t eat meat or seafood could try out other places like Wonderland or CP 150. Was looking forward to trying one of these until I saw that the menu didn’t really have options for my vegetarian travel companion. Would love for this to change to how MDR is where there is a vegetarian option for each course. 

6 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

Specialty restaurants that vegetarians can actually eat at to be more accommodating. Was disappointed to see menus for Symphony where there is only one restaurant, Jaimes, that has options for vegetarians. All of the other specialty restaurants don’t have any options or are very limited. Then people that travel with people that don’t eat meat or seafood could try out other places like Wonderland or CP 150. Was looking forward to trying one of these until I saw that the menu didn’t really have options for my vegetarian travel companion. Would love for this to change to how MDR is where there is a vegetarian option for each course. 

From other posts, RCCL seems to be very accommodating when it comes to special requests. Have you tried e-mailing RCCL and asking about options?

2 hours ago, FManke said:

I had the same experience with my boys when they were younger about the olden days before tv remotes! ?

Luckily ours is just old enough to remember the days before I automated almost all the lights in the house. Imagine the horror of not being able to say “Alexa turn on the downstairs lights”?

guess she’ll just have to head to Celebrity to get her app-controlled lights. 

Lectures.  Now before anybody accuses me of trying to ruin all the parties, I am suggesting a more mainstream and relevant approach.  One of the best cruises we have been on was our cruise to Alaska.  RCL had arranged for two down to earth professors to conduct "lectures" on what we were going to see.  They were simple and very informative.  They enhanced many of the things we saw on our cruise.  Given all the places we can potentially cruise to, I have to believe that a few hours over a few mornings per cruise is worth it to make the shore excursions even better.  Tour guides are great, but the day goes so fast that being better prepared would help us enjoy the day tour even more.

To lessen the reaction, I will also say that we would like bigger and better dance floors.  The live music on RCL is excellent, their dance floors need some work.

16 hours ago, Curt From Canada said:

Lectures.  Now before anybody accuses me of trying to ruin all the parties, I am suggesting a more mainstream and relevant approach.  One of the best cruises we have been on was our cruise to Alaska.  RCL had arranged for two down to earth professors to conduct "lectures" on what we were going to see.  They were simple and very informative.  They enhanced many of the things we saw on our cruise.  Given all the places we can potentially cruise to, I have to believe that a few hours over a few mornings per cruise is worth it to make the shore excursions even better.  Tour guides are great, but the day goes so fast that being better prepared would help us enjoy the day tour even more.

To lessen the reaction, I will also say that we would like bigger and better dance floors.  The live music on RCL is excellent, their dance floors need some work.

That's actually not a bad idea ..... but let me take it one step further ...... don't let the lectures morph into sales pitches for Diamond's International or other port shopping destinations.  Strictly educational, informative.

7 hours ago, coneyraven said:

That's actually not a bad idea ..... but let me take it one step further ...... don't let the lectures morph into sales pitches for Diamond's International or other port shopping destinations.  Strictly educational, informative.

I agree 100% ... sales pitches are not "lectures".  The university profs on Radiance in Alaska were fantastic.  Similarly, the best Dance instructors we ever had on a ship (Grandeur - OCT 2018) were not RCL talent.  They were hired by RCL to just teach dance classes, no sales pitch, no other duties.  

I'd like to see the return of trap or skeet off of the backs of the ships.  Or other "shooting" options through the use of augmented reality.  Same with golf driving.  I know that the environment doesnt like things flying off into the ocean, so let technology take the wheel and use augmented reality to have off the back of the ship golf driving.  

VR really does open up the options.  The sky's the limit.  Augmented reality along with the ripcord?  With the trampoline thing?  Celebrity does great things already with their use of VR so tech really is making massive strides.