Random thoughts/rants of a first-time cruiser (long)

22 hours ago, l9dance said:

I have a question on this section, the attendant does not work for Royal Caribbean and works for tips? After spending the $500+ on the cabana tips are still required is this true?

We gave her $20 right at the beginning, and another $20 at the end. She was on top of getting our drinks, and got us extra floating water mats (even though we were only supposed to get 2, and they were $20 a piece to rent). She also was there to call for the golf cart whenever we needed it. We tipped the golf cart driver also. I think the $500 is just a supply and demand issue. There are only 8 of the cabanas, and if they priced them too low, they would be snatched up the first day.

Just a FYI, We were on a 7 night Bermuda sailing on 4/13. Sigh, it went so fast.  I believe that was either the 1st or second Bermuda sailing of the season. I did a 33 day out booking and ended up with a wonderful price on a mid ship deck 9 balcony.  But the water is rough!  Going to the Bahamas was a dream compared to Bermuda.  I'm going to try for Anthem to the Bahamas again in August if I can swing it.  We are already reserved for Oasis in Aug. 2020. I can't wait for that one!

Jersey Joe, definitely try and cruise out of Bayonne if you can. It's so simple and quick. I'm on the Bronx border and we Uber it there and back. No flights to worry about.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:46 AM, JerseyJoe said:

We gave her $20 right at the beginning, and another $20 at the end. She was on top of getting our drinks, and got us extra floating water mats (even though we were only supposed to get 2, and they were $20 a piece to rent). She also was there to call for the golf cart whenever we needed it. We tipped the golf cart driver also. I think the $500 is just a supply and demand issue. There are only 8 of the cabanas, and if they priced them too low, they would be snatched up the first day.

Thanks this is helpful.