Dining question

oufpat

Ok I could be wrong on this one (if I am I am sure someone will set me straight!?)  BUT it would not be ok for you to go to the next seating as that table is already reserved for the next group of passengers that have pre-booked the next seating.  Your best bet would be to go to the Windjammer, MTD, or any other restaurant for that particular evening.  Good luck and I hope that you enjoy your cruise!!  Do yourself a favor and start looking at future cruise dates!  I am willing to bet that you are going to be hooked before you get back!!

On more than one occasion we were late to our scheduled 6:00 dining time. We talked to head waiter at entrance to MDR for later 8:00 and he accommodated us both times at a table, once at a table that  was empty and another time at a table that had other people seated.  Never hurts to ask, at worst you will get a "sorry".

5 hours ago, DRLPP said:

On more than one occasion we were late to our scheduled 6:00 dining time. We talked to head waiter at entrance to MDR for later 8:00 and he accommodated us both times at a table, once at a table that  was empty and another time at a table that had other people seated.  Never hurts to ask, at worst you will get a "sorry".

On our cruise on Independence last year we tried traditional dining for the first time and had the late seating. We were at a table for 6 but there was only ever us and 1 other couple (the same couple) at dinner each night. We never saw tbe 'third' couple. In such a case,it would be conceivable that they could have put a couple who'd missed early seating with us so I suppose it never hurts to ask I'd you've missed your early dining slot.