Cost Maya: Chacchoben Ruins & Blue Lagoon

Jakejosa

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, JthomasRN said:

I'm looking at the same excursion and cannot find a thing about the lagoon anywhere.  In the excursion description, all it says "relax on the beach of the lagoon."  Is there swimming?  Lounge chairs? facilities?  

I'm reading the description of the same excursion on Carnival and it looks like Blue Lagoon refers to a private restaurant area that has a lagoon for swimming.   The cruise ships often use the same excursions, so most likely the same tour company.  Reviews of the lagoon portion of that tour aren't that favorable at all: https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/costa-maya/chacchoben-mayan-ruins-and-blue-lagoon-316040

We visited Chacchoben a couple years ago on a ship excursion.  I wish I could remember all the details, but my kids LOVED the ruins. One of the few you could actually climb on.  We have some great pictures on the stairs.  Pretty sure this excursion included some caves, and a second set of ruins that were still being excavated.  I don't remember swimsuits so I don't think there was a lagoon...

Take bug spray.  You'll be in a jungle area, which was fascinating to our family, but lots of buzzing around us, depending upon the weather.  Climbing the ruins is fun but watch your step, especially with children.  There is a bit of a bus ride, but that was fun, too.

• 5 weeks later...