Just Back from Oasis of the Seas- Comments

tx2tn

All:

We have just returned from a 7 Night Cruise on the Oasis of the Seas and wanted to share some High Points and a few low ones.

First, thank you Matt and your entire RCB communiy. You guys really helped make our first cruise enjoyable. Here we go....

1. Checkin process was really smooth. Obviously thay have done this a time or two. :)

2. The Ship is amazing, amazing, amazing. How does it float?

3. The staff was wonderful! Disney should come on board to remind themselves about customer service.

4. Our Stateroom (Deluxe Balcony 12676) was nice. Small was nice.

5. Shower had great pressure and TONS of hot water. Beds were comfortable

6. Air Conditioning was barely adequate. It was hard to fall asleep some nights due to the temps.

7. Plenty of Activities and things to do.

8. Once again, the A/C in many of the common areas was lacking. We sailed Oct 31st. I cant imagine how hot it got in the middle of summer

9. If we went again we would skip the Bahama's

10. St. Thomas was fun. RCCL Lovely Island and Beach Tour" 4 out of 5 Stars.

11. St. Maarten was our favorite. Rented Leo Brown for the day! Thanks Matt! Leo said that you were his "Main Man" 

12. Food on ship was ok. Just ok. There is certainly plenty of it.

13. I bought the $57 liquor package and made it pay off. I kept a list of all the drinks I had. Fun.

14. Sabor has the best guacamole I have ever had!!!!

15. Chops Grill is overated. DONT pay extra for the Dry Aged Steak

16. Loved the Parade

17. I thought there would be more souvenirs in the Shop. I wanted to buy more "stuff" but it just wasn't there.

18. Leaving the ship was a cluster *&%$!!!! We were late getting to Ft. Lauderdale due to the man that went overboard and that must have thrown RCCL into a Tizzy.

Overall we had a good time. We loved being on upper decks at Sunset. We loved St. Thomas and Maarten. We both go to bed pretty early so we didn't do a lot of the late night stuff that was out there. We could have but its hard to change your schedule.  We will probably cruise again but not for awhile. We have tons of land based places we want to see!!!

Sounds like you had a very good experience overall and I agree with you regarding the Bahamas. I would love to go to Atlantis again, but when we're there on the Allure the ship isn't in port long enough to make the trip there worthwhile.

I've had air conditioning issues before in other lines. It's never fun. Did they ever send an engineer to look at your cabin?

Welcome back!

My favorite ship! Happy you enjoyed her!

3. Good feedback. Royal is amazing, but I'm sorry to hear that about Disney.
11. Love St. Maarten! Favorite Caribbean port!
12. Food where? Everywhere? I know that the MDR gets mixed reviews, but otherwise?
13. :P :D
14. Only my wife's guac can compete. (see the attached photo) But, she doesn't come with a cruise ship surrounding her, so Sabor still wins!
15. That's it. I'm done hearing about it. I must find out for myself! I will do what must be done for the sake of the Royal Caribbean Blog! I'm not doing this for me. I don't want to sit down to a lovely meal and gorge myself on tasty treats, but I will make that sacrifice! ;) Chops, you and I have a date with destiny!

post-2933-0-69161900-1448127147_thumb.jpg

15. That's it. I'm done hearing about it. I must find out for myself! I will do what must be done for the sake of the Royal Caribbean Blog! I'm not doing this for me. I don't want to sit down to a lovely meal and gorge myself on tasty treats, but I will make that sacrifice! ;) Chops, you and I have a date with destiny!

I love Chops because I think it's consistently good and certainly the best steak available onboard.  I think the dry-aged steak option is best for real steak aficionados, so I'm not certain it is a must-do item.   

All that being said, I really love Chops and highly recommend it.

I love Chops because I think it's consistently good and certainly the best steak available onboard.  I think the dry-aged steak option is best for real steak aficionados, so I'm not certain it is a must-do item.   

All that being said, I really love Chops and highly recommend it.

Matt,

You are correct. You have been able to eat at Chops many times versus my once opportunity. Perhaps I was there on an "off" day, I don't know. I was just hoping for a much better experience. It's just really sad when you pay two up charges and can only eat 1/4 of your steak. :mellow: