Junior Suite and Ocean View Balcony

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The JS and the Ocean View Balcony are the same price on Symphony??  I am quite surprised by that. 

If that is the case, and not priced incorrectly, then take the JS.  They are all mid ship.  There is no JS on SY that isn't mid ship.

I agree. Pricing seems strange. The JS is considered a "suite" by classification, so should be at a higher price point, you would think.

Take the deal.  You'll like the extra space and perks and get double cruise points.

Best deal we ever got was on Mariner in Oct 2007.  In August of that year the GS price dropped to just $50 per person of what the JS cost was.  I paid $100 for the two of us and moved up to the GS.  Deal lasted about a week if I remember correctly.  People were talking about it in the suite lounge on the cruise.

6 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

I don’t think you get double cruise points for Junior Suites... or do you?

You will absolutely get  double cruise points!  Past two cruises have been in an JS and we have gotten 28 points out of the deal!?  Oh and BTW @teacherdl  BOOK IT!!!  My policy is that if the price to upgrade is cheaper than taking another cruise then I will always pay the extra to upgrade so we get the extra points.  Cheapest that I have found an upgraded room for us was about a $600-700 difference.  That was between a OB and a JS, for the price that they are giving you please do yourself a favor and book that before the price changes!!  You WILL regret it if you don't!  Lets just say that for the small price  point and the ability to eat in Coastal Kitchen you will be extremely glad that you booked it! 

58 minutes ago, bhageerah said:

You will absolutely get  double cruise points!  Past two cruises have been in an JS and we have gotten 28 points out of the deal!?  Oh and BTW @teacherdl  BOOK IT!!!  My policy is that if the price to upgrade is cheaper than taking another cruise then I will always pay the extra to upgrade so we get the extra points.  Cheapest that I have found an upgraded room for us was about a $600-700 difference.  That was between a OB and a JS, for the price that they are giving you please do yourself a favor and book that before the price changes!!  You WILL regret it if you don't!  Lets just say that for the small price  point and the ability to eat in Coastal Kitchen you will be extremely glad that you booked it! 

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but since so many people have mentioned it, what does "double points" mean? ?

1 hour ago, bhageerah said:

You will absolutely get  double cruise points!  Past two cruises have been in an JS and we have gotten 28 points out of the deal!?  

I must have confused the double points with the exclusions for the Junior Suite. (i.e.access to the concierge lounge, concierge service or reserved suites-only areas of the ship.)

19 minutes ago, teacherdl said:

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but since so many people have mentioned it, what does "double points" mean? ?

Points in the Crown and Anchor Society (Royal's loyalty program).  You get 1 point per night sailed.  You get an extra point per night if you are in a suite.  You also get an extra point per night if you sail solo in a cabin (but you also generally end up paying the same cost as two people)

Junior Suites qualify for the extra points but you don't get most of the real perks of being in a suite.  So many people see them as a more affordable way to move up the loyalty ranks.

No Status: 0-2 Points

Gold: 3+ Points gets you some coupons to use on board but not much else

Platinum: 30+ Points

Emerald: 55+ Points

Diamond: 80+ Points

Diamond Plus: ???+ Points

Pinnacle Club: ???+ Points

I'm sure someone will be along with the link to all the benefits at the various levels and to remind me of the points required for the top levels.

@teacherdl, I believe this is what @Atlantix2000 is referring to...

CAS_Member_Benefits_Grid.pdf

... and the link to Royal's site... https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedin.do

... and @twangster was kind enough to attach the handouts they provide onboard on this post (at that time in 2017)... 

39 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

I must have confused the double points with the exclusions for the Junior Suite. (i.e.access to the concierge lounge, concierge service or reserved suites-only areas of the ship.)

I can understand that, I am not complaining but I do wish that a JS came with a few more benefits but I have definitely enjoyed every benefit that they have given us!  As I have already stated I am enjoying those double points to get us to the next Crown and Anchor level ASAP!