Missed Final Payment date

JennyB

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

From my understanding, if you miss final payment, they automatically cancel your reservation.

... then they put your room up for the RoyalUp program so someone else will take it - lol - then you may have to book an interior room down by the engine ?  #Don'tMissTheFinalPayment

Just now, JennyB said:

yes, but what if we are still intending on going?  is it difficult to get it all back? 

It may all depend on if you are using a TA or not.  If you have a really good TA, they should be able to help you figure out what options you have available.  If you don't have a TA - then you'll need to call RCL to figure out what options are available

5 minutes ago, JennyB said:

Has anyone every missed their final payment date?  what happens if you still are planning on going? 

Asking for a friend...

You might be able to get it back BUT they will make you pay whatever the cost of the room is now. Unless like everyone says you have a really good TA and they work their magic

1 hour ago, TheHobbys said:

It may all depend on if you are using a TA or not.  If you have a really good TA, they should be able to help you figure out what options you have available.  If you don't have a TA - then you'll need to call RCL to figure out what options are available

If they had a good TA they wouldn’t have missed final payment lol

15 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Strangling the hubby causes real hard feelings.

??

so did this little episode. 

I about had a HEART ATTACK when i opened my email this morning at work.  I really wanted to cuss and cry...but I am the secretary at a very traditional Presbyterian church...LOL...so I just blew up his phone with texts and pictures and emails instead.  LOL

I'm not sure what you are insinuating by the "MY FRIEND" comment and the laughter.   Do you think i'm lying about my story?  The story is true, it was a friend that was traveling with me, and nothing happened.  Do you really think royal, or any cruise line for that matter would just pull your booking for being 1 day late?  They can, but they don't unless you are substantially late.   Just like they can deny you boarding for bringing on alcohol but they don't, they just call you to the naughty room and take the booze.  They want your money, they want you to travel and spend money

2 minutes ago, CyclingVa said:

I'm not sure what you are insinuating by the "MY FRIEND" comment and the laughter.   Do you think i'm lying about my story?  The story is true, it was a friend that was traveling with me, and nothing happened.  Do you really think royal, or any cruise line for that matter would just pull your booking for being 1 day late?  They can, but they don't unless you are substantially late.   Just like they can deny you boarding for bringing on alcohol but they don't, they just call you to the naughty room and take the booze.  They want your money, they want you to travel and spend money

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asking for a friend

2 minutes ago, CyclingVa said:

She was referring to herself as the friend, not your friend.

5 minutes ago, CyclingVa said:

Sorry...I started this thread by saying "Asking for a friend"...when in actuality, it was ME.  That's where I went with the "MY FRIEND" comment.

And this all began when I opened email this morning to see that our reservation/drink packages/excursions were all cancelled.

8 minutes ago, CyclingVa said:

Image result for missed point

Pay early.  Get a good travel agent.  We mark our calendar 3 weeks out. Each week says cruise final payment.  Our TA sends us e mails and calls as well.  

16 minutes ago, rjac said:

There are two things worse than missing a cruise final payment date......forgetting your wife's birthday and forgetting your wedding anniversary date. ?

16 minutes ago, rjac said:

There are two things worse than missing a cruise final payment date......forgetting your wife's birthday and forgetting your wedding anniversary date. ?

5 hours ago, JennyB said:

"MY FRIEND" (lol) was able to get it ALL taken care of as if nothing had happened! 

P. T. L. 

#dontmissfinalpayment

#mightstranglethehubby

#iamthefriend

If you strangle him, just don't cancel him on the reservation... They might mess with the room lol!  Jane

9 hours ago, rjac said:

I'm far more likely to forget our anniversary than my husband is (forgot to take our 25th wedding anniversary off from work this week - he did not forget), and we usually forget birthdays. But forgetting to pay off the cruise in time .... unacceptable!!

5 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm far more likely to forget our anniversary than my husband is (forgot to take our 25th wedding anniversary off from work this week - he did not forget), and we usually forget birthdays. But forgetting to pay off the cruise in time .... unacceptable!!

Birthday (morning hunny, happy birthday), anniversary (morning hunny, happy anniversary), future cruise - book it 16+ months in advance (every morning,  hunny, did you make a cruise payment this month? - is it final payment?  we'll eat on the boat, pay the bill!  #Don'tMessWithMyCruise )