Formal Night Tuxedo Rentals

VinceC

1 hour ago, VinceC said:

The less I have to bring the better.  Does anyone have any idea what they charge for Tuxedo Rentals onboard the ships and is Tuxedos all they have (Suits, Blazers, Dresses, Gowns)?

That's actually a great idea.  

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Do you know if these prices are for one or both formal nights?  I read it but it didn't say.

35 minutes ago, ama537621 said:

I can bring a suit along instead of paying that much money. I could see getting it for a very special occasion. 

True, but since we have to fly to San Juan I would have to forgo one of our suitcases for a garment bag in order to bring it & his dress shoes.  Also, it's our 25th Anniversary, hence 25 years since he's had to wear one, lol. 

4 minutes ago, NJCruisers said:

True, but since we have to fly to San Juan I would have to forgo one of our suitcases for a garment bag in order to bring it & his dress shoes.  Also, it's our 25th Anniversary, hence 25 years since he's had to wear one, lol. 

I would get the rental then,  I gently laid my suit coat as the last item in my suitcase. Who knows what it will look like when I take it out on the boat. 

10 minutes ago, ama537621 said:

I would get the rental then,  I gently laid my suit coat as the last item in my suitcase. Who knows what it will look like when I take it out on the boat. 

Yes, $99 + $12 (shoes) + tax is reasonable for him to use both nights. (Edited because he would prefer the vest)

I was already thinking of packing it in the suit case and then getting it ironed once on the ship but since formal night is day 2 I wasn't sure if it was going to be doable.  

I bought several "Packing Folders" on Amazon - one for my husband's suit and shirts and one for my evening wear on formal nights.  Our clothes are virtually free of wrinkles even after being in a suitcase for 4+ days.  I also "You Tubed" how to pack a men's suit so I think that helped as well!

I have rented a tuxedo on an Ovation cruise. The pricing is for a whole cruise, regardless of length. It stays in your cabin so you can wear it is often as you like.

I rented through the website Matt mentioned. When we boarded they delivered the tux to our room and checked it’s sizing. I was a bit off in the shirt sizing (it was hard to convert from metric to imperial) but they sorted that and returned with a couple of new shirts. From memory I think you get one for each formal night.

Don’t forget to apply your Crown and Anchor discount as depending on your level you can save quite a bit. I can’t remember now but I think even when we booked through the website they didn’t charge us until we were onboard and applied the discount at that time. 10% for Emerald, 15% for Diamond and 20% for Diamond + if I recall correctly.

13 hours ago, Tmsmith said:

Word of caution. We rented tux package on a B2B cruises and neither fit. Pants were 5 in too short and jacket too small.  Sent measurements from tuxedo shop so sent professional measurements.  Ruined 4 formal nights. We would not chance it for a 25th anniversary. 

Wow, and they didn't have anything else on board to make it right?  DH pants are generally average size - he does have wide shoulders so the jacket would be my main concern for him.  

On 4/27/2019 at 9:33 AM, Tmsmith said:

They refunded the money from the rental. But, it impacted our entire dinner clothing plans. We pack just what we need and I couldn't exactly show up in formal attire when he wasn't. 

Oh man, that really stinks I'm sorry that happened.

In the meantime, I mentioned it to DH and he said he'd rather not wear a tux.  I need to look into a pressing service on the ship.