Deluxe beverage package

Hey all!

we’re booked to sail in 38 days, and there has been 2 promos (although the same one) for buy one get one 50% off... does it ever go cheaper than $65.17 CAD daily? Eventhough the promo doesnt calculate at all to what they advertise, its still about $75 in our pockets this way. Any insight would be appreciated!

The most recent sale we've seen is 30% off ($45 USD/person) which is the better sale since BOGO 50% is effectively just 25% off both packages ($49 USD/person)... I can't get into the Cruise Planner right now, but as of this morning it was showing the current 30% off sale. We're on Allure next month.

Also, don't forget they tack on the 18% gratuity (aka "service charge") when you check out...

Different sailings get different promos.  Pricing is relative to on board pricing which also varies. Short cruises cost more than longer cruises.  Unless you are Diamond Plus or higher it is always cheaper to buy it before sailing.

If you buy it now and the price does drop again you can refund the purchase and buy it again at the lower price.   If you are happy with the price now,  buy it since it might go up and never come back down.  If other people buy it and sales are good they will increase rates on a cruise by cruise basis.

Just because others have spotted a cheaper/lower price for a drink package doesn't mean it will go down for your sailing. Moreover, sometimes the price goes up!

Do yourself a favor and buy the drink package now if you know you want it. That will guard against the price going up. If the price goes down, you can cancel and rebook a drink package without any penalty instantly on the Cruise Planner site.

We are booked for Liberty of the Seas, sailing for October 27/19, I have booked for $62.98 (CAD) per day for the deluxe  plus the gratuities are extra, the price has came down twice for this sailing and have cancelled and rebooked at this rate, we are going with a group and I  texted them today to say price has been lowered, if they had not got the package at this price.  I keep checking in on my cruise planner twice a day, as our dollar is crappy with the US$

Wow! Thanks guys! I wasnt aware that you could cancel the package. We are on Adventure of the Seas May 31st, and the regular price was $69 something CAD. Now its showing $65.17... so not sure how they calculate their pricing to get 25% off each. In any case I guess I’ll get it and see what happens in the next few weeks! 

Thank you! ?

18 minutes ago, Chantella said:

Wow! Thanks guys! I wasnt aware that you could cancel the package. We are on Adventure of the Seas May 31st, and the regular price was $69 something CAD. Now its showing $65.17... so not sure how they calculate their pricing to get 25% off each. In any case I guess I’ll get it and see what happens in the next few weeks! 

Thank you! ?

The 25% off is based on starting with the on board pricing, not the last sale price from last week or last month. 

It's confusing because they never sell it at the on board price in the cruise planner so you never see the "regular" non-sale price until you go on board.  

We all want the BOGO to apply to the last sale price we saw but it doesn't work that way.  

3 hours ago, spursfreak21 said:

I'm showing that right now the deluxe package is currently on sale for BOGO 50%.  Are some of you seeing it 30% off?

Yes, but I think it varies based on sail date, etc... the funny thing is that it was 30% off yesterday and came in at $45 USD... Tonight, it's 30% off and comes in at $46 USD for my 5/19/19 Allure cruise... funny math, maybe rounding?

The underlying onboard pricing for my cruise has been $65 all along... that's where the normal online 20% off ($52), BOGO 50% ($49), and 30% off ($45-$46) pricing is coming from... I originally grabbed it at $49 and then canceled/reordered at $45.

image.png.718541c9bc6e21600d2b16b30191b75e.png

The current 30% off sale has restrictions... see Matt's blog post from today...

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2019/04/23/save-30-pre-cruise-purchases-royal-caribbeans-sale-you-sail-offer

As others have said, if you want it, book it. Then keep checking prices for better deals since you can canceland rebook.  I was on the fence originally about getting the DBP. Originally it was $56 a day pp and went down to $52. I didn't jump on it and missed out because it went back upto $56. I kept checking the cruise planner and finally it went back to $52 and i pounced on it. 

A couple of months later it went down to $49pp. I ended up just calling RC to cancel and rebook, saved a few bucks, worth the free phone call. 

This also applies to your cruise fare. I have called them out twice now since I purchased our cruise in late December for our July cruise and have saved almost $1000.00 for our JS on Symphony. 

9 hours ago, Ken23 said:

Did anyone this morning cancel and rebuy a item in the cruise planner and NOT get a email confirmation of the cancellation.

In the past, I got a cancellation email, but did not today when swapped the DBP for a lower price.

I just did this last night for the Anthem GC and I got an email immediately (even before I hung up the phone).

We have learned you can’t really go by the supposed sale price...You need to continually monitor your cruise planner from the day you book and you will learn what we call the base price of the booze package.  We will log on to our cruise planner and see a sale but also notice it’s not really a sale...It’s still the same base price.   We call this Royal's Fuzzy Math!  We will continue to monitor our Cruise Planner and when we see it below the base price, we will purchase it…If we see it lower we will cancel it and re buy it.

5 hours ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We have learned you can’t really go by the supposed sale price...You need to continually monitor your cruise planner from the day you book and you will learn what we call the base price of the booze package.  We will log on to our cruise planner and see a sale but also notice it’s not really a sale...It’s still the same base price.   We call this Royal's Fuzzy Math!  We will continue to monitor our Cruise Planner and when we see it below the base price, we will purchase it…If we see it lower we will cancel it and re buy it.

OH! I was going to ask a question about this - I bought 2 deluxe packages at $47 per day but see now that it's gone down to $44 per day... So instead of calling and asking if I can be refunded any of that you think I should just cancel it and rebuy? 

28 minutes ago, DDaley said:

OH! I was going to ask a question about this - I bought 2 deluxe packages at $47 per day but see now that it's gone down to $44 per day... So instead of calling and asking if I can be refunded any of that you think I should just cancel it and rebuy? 

Yes, cancel and re-buy at the lower rate.

Your CC will be credited (Mine took about a week).

Of course the re-buy will hit automatically.

21 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Yes, cancel and re-buy at the lower rate.

Your CC will be credited (Mine took about a week).

Of course the re-buy will hit automatically.

Thanks John! I am just realizing I used my $150 OBC to purchase the original package when the price was higher. I am guessing if I cancel I won't be getting that back? I have learned a valuable lesson Drink Package scouting lesson for my next cruise, if so! 

2 hours ago, DDaley said:

Thanks John! I am just realizing I used my $150 OBC to purchase the original package when the price was higher. I am guessing if I cancel I won't be getting that back? I have learned a valuable lesson Drink Package scouting lesson for my next cruise, if so! 

Yea, I usually save my OBC to use on board for SPA and other things and just pay for drink and food with my CC.

5 hours ago, DDaley said:

You get the OBC back whenever you cancel a cruise planner purchase.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone, tagging on late, but if I buy the DBP will it still show the sales prices on cruise planner? I am fairly certain the package will go down, but want to buy it now being almost $8 CAD/day cheaper than it was last week...$84 then, $75.80 now. still crazy, but I know we will regret not splurging once on board!

44 minutes ago, JarMar said:

Hi everyone, tagging on late, but if I buy the DBP will it still show the sales prices on cruise planner? I am fairly certain the package will go down, but want to buy it now being almost $8 CAD/day cheaper than it was last week...$84 then, $75.80 now. still crazy, but I know we will regret not splurging once on board!

Yes, it should - I've never had an issue seeing a current price on something I've already purchased (whether it be higher or lower).