Booking Issue with The Key

So my husband and I are taking our first RC cruise this December. We decided to buy The Key. We've been having internet issues at our home, so I called to book it as I didn't want it to sell out. This was on April 5th. Fast forward to today, and our internet is finally back up and running and I'm checking my Visa statement, and low and behold there's no charge from RC for The Key. No big deal, I will just log in and book it myself.

NOT.

I go to add it to my cart and it's price has changed from $279.86 (as confirmed by the agent when I booked) to $ 447 USD!! This is a huge change as I'm a Canadian and this brings the cost to over $600. I'm pretty upset by this as it's going to cost way more if we decide to book it (again). I've already booked this and confirmed that it was done, over the phone. I'm new to RC as a cruise (I'm actually a travel agent who has done RC ship inspections, but have always sailed Princess). This is leaving a super sour taste in my mouth as I am very diligent with this type of thing.

Anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions? I plan on calling but I have a feeling it will be in vain.

Thanks

Most definitely!!! I have a 3 nite getaway on MotS for my Bday and they have The Key for $31.99 per day!! I called RCCL to confirm this pricing on a 3 nite cruise and the C.S. said that price is too high. What do I know!! I take her word for it and she spoke with her supervisor and here I am, 2 months later. The price is still the same!! Now, ask if I would pay $31.99 per day which comes out to $95.97 total to get on the ship 5 mins earlier for a 3 nite cruise??? Ya crazy!! I'd wait and spend that good'ole change on something better especially since I paid next to nothing for this cruise!!

key.png

Have you looked in your Cruise Planner to see if it is there? You would find it by clicking on the Order History tab. 

Otherwise, it would be worth checking your Cruise Planner daily because prices fluctuate wildly. In my CP, the price of the key has shot up astronomically from yesterday to today but it has also shown as sold out and then reappeared for sale a couple of days later.

I wish I could be of more help. Hope it works out for you. 

4 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Have you looked in your Cruise Planner to see if it is there? You would find it by clicking on the Order History tab. 

Otherwise, it would be worth checking your Cruise Planner daily because prices fluctuate wildly. In my CP, the price of the key has shot up astronomically from yesterday to today but it has also shown as sold out and then reappeared for sale a couple of days later.

I wish I could be of more help. Hope it works out for you. 

Yeah, I checked and it's not there. I'm unable to call in at the moment, but I definitely plan to. And hopefully I can find where I wrote down the agents name. $85 per day is definitely not worth it for me. I was ok at the price it was when I booked it, but now there's no way I'll pay that price- especially since I took the time to call and book it before. 

This current sale is weird.  I've had some excursions drop $1, other's $3, another $13.37 while other excursion went up $3 or $6.50 or $18.99.  

There is no rhyme or reason to the sale prices, increases or decreases.  Just weird amounts like someone's algorithm didn't work quite right.