New Dining Package? Chops + 1

spiralqueen

I saw something new in the dining section during my practically daily Cruise Planner stalking and thought I'd post about it here. It's a new package that is for Chops along with any other specialty dining restaurant. I see it in both my Nov Grandeur sailing and May 2020 Harmony one. The below screencap is from Harmony, but Grandeur has pricing at $59 pp. It looks like they would make you dine at Chops on night 1 and then you can pick any other night for the other restaurant. I wonder if this is a follow up to reports of Chops being excluded from packages on certain ships (Allure being the one I hear mentioned most often). Also I just noticed this in the terms and conditions "Second dinner of package may not be redeemed in Chops Grille. "

705890679_CruisePlannerDiningBeverage.png.4d5d2fbe716b5ec6c8f07a4e1bb57626.png

It's just popped up in my Cruise Planner too. Price (in GBP) is £49.40, which works out at about $64. This is on Adventure in November. 

Doesn't seem like a great deal on my sailing, with the 3-night package currently selling at £52.44 ($68).

Its on my Rhapsody sailing in 24 days time

I had the BOGO in my cart priced at £32 but now this has gone and been replaced with this which is £42

I should have booked it when I had the chance! as this new chops +1 doesn't seem no way near as good as the BOGO :(

Can confirm, BOGO was removed from my cruise planner and Chops+1 took its place at $25 more per person.

Which kinda sucks, because I was thinking about jumping on BOGO with Chops and something else, just the caveat of having to use them both on day 1 and 2 is what stopped me.  I guess the fact that Chops+1 lets you pick your first day as day 1 or 2 and the 2nd dinner can be any other day of the cruise is pretty appealing, however.

I might end up doing it anyway, but they are going to have to offer a slight price drop first.

• 1 month later...

Be warned RC does a huge rip off with this package.  We bought the package on-board for $49/person for 4 people.  We were CHARGED for an additional $235 at Chops when we dined there!  When I questioned the charge they said it was because we had 8 people dine at Izumi so used up the 8 meals.  This is a TOTAL LIE.  We had 6 people at the table, 1 was the child that is supposed to be free.  The other person was there just to socialize and had a few drinks that we paid for separately.  I've been fighting this charge for 2 weeks now and they still won't fix it!!!