Traveling With Minor Not Ours

JennyB

We are cruising in July and we're bringing our 16yp DS's 16yo best friend ( he does have a passport).  His parents are divorced and both are remarried.  I remember reading somewhere here that there might be a Royal Caribbean release form for those of us who will be bringing a minor who isn't our own and that it would need to be notarized.  I've searched these boards and cannot seem to find that particular thread again.  Can anyone help?

What family legal documents do I need to board a Royal Caribbean cruise ship?

Should the last names of the parent and minor child traveling with them differ, the parent is required to present the child's valid passport and visa (if required) and the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy). The name of the parent(s) and the child must be linked through legal documentation.

Adults who are not the parent or Legal Guardian of any minor child traveling with them are required to present the child's valid passport and visa or the child's birth certificate (original, a notarized copy or a certified copy) and an original notarized letter signed by at least one of the child's parents. The notarized letter from the child's parent must authorize the traveling adult to take the child on the specific cruise, must authorize guardian to sign legal documentation/waivers for participation in any activities requiring them (i.e. Rock Climbing, Flowrider, Bungee Trampoline, Inline Skating, or Ice Skating) and must authorize the traveling adult to supervise the child and permit any medical treatment that must be administered to the child. If a non-parent adult is a Legal Guardian, the adult must present a certified certificate of Guardianship with respect to the child. 

Found it here:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-family-legal-documents-do-i-need-to-board    

17 minutes ago, JennyB said:

Thank you @TheHobbys and @Matt

I do remember all this information, but someone had posted a link to a different form that looked like it was on (probably NOT official) RC "letterhead".  I just can't find it now.

I'll likely go ahead and send the form @Matt linked, but it was the other form I was thinking of.

Here is the other one, it probably is not anything official/legal from Royal but it was provided to me by a Royal phone agent.

I used this for my 12 YO Grandson in 2018.

Parent consent_form_US_22Mar2018.pdf

• 7 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, JennyB said:

We are cruising in July and we're bringing our 16yp DS's 16yo best friend ( he does have a passport).  His parents are divorced and both are remarried.  I remember reading somewhere here that there might be a Royal Caribbean release form for those of us who will be bringing a minor who isn't our own and that it would need to be notarized.  I've searched these boards and cannot seem to find that particular thread again.  Can anyone help?

Hi, I am cruising in January with my 9 year old daughter and we are bringing her 9 year old friend. I have the notarized letter from the mom. However, due to divorce and remarriage the mom's last name is different from the child. Is this going to cause a problem. @JennyB what worked for you?

4 hours ago, sherdawgg said:

Hi, I am cruising in January with my 9 year old daughter and we are bringing her 9 year old friend. I have the notarized letter from the mom. However, due to divorce and remarriage the mom's last name is different from the child. Is this going to cause a problem. @JennyB what worked for you?

You may also need a notarized letter from the father unless terms of the divorce mean he has given up certain parental rights and his permission isn't needed for travel out of the country.  And in that case, you may need to bring proof of that.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:07 PM, tiny260 said:

Here is the other one, it probably is not anything official/legal from Royal but it was provided to me by a Royal phone agent.

I used this for my 12 YO Grandson in 2018.

Parent consent_form_US_22Mar2018.pdf 46.25 kB · 12 downloads

This is the form that we used for our 16 year old niece and her friend for our June trip on Allure. We had it filled out from all parents and they didn’t ask for it at all, Once on board I took it to the guest service desk and they made copy for their records. This is not to say that you might see something different, it was just our experience.

On 4/23/2019 at 9:06 AM, JennyB said:

follow the directions on the Royal Caribbean Website link below...

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-am-traveling-with-a-minor-and-i-am-not-their-parent-legal-guardian