Roatan Delemma

Living for May

Howdy All,

We are working through excursions for Roatan and have two in mind.  The Dolphin Swim and Snorkel and the Sloth/Iguana excursion.  UNFORTUNATELY RCCL only seems to be booking  them both at the same time.  We are thinking of booking the Dolphin Swim through RCCL and are thinking of booking the Sloth/Iguana excursion fairly quickly after we return to the ship from the Dolphin Swim.  We know it will be a bit of a push to do both so want to reach out to see if anybody has any experience booking tours through the local operators in Roatan and if there is any suggestions on reliable ones that will get us back to the ship on time.

Thanks to all you experts!

A lot of people mention Daniel Johnson..usually they can make a custom excursion for you that runs about the same as you would have paid Royal Caribbean.  You'll have your own group and be able to do whatever you want to do.  I know at the sloths visit they have boats that can take people our snorkeling, but if you want to visit a specific beach or area to snorkel they can take you there.  Just contact them through their website:

https://discoverroatan.net/daniel-johnsons-monkey-sloth-hangout/

They're pretty reputable and I haven't heard any bad things about them not being able to get you back to the ship in time.  They will allow plenty of time for that.  The worst part is meeting your driver at the port as right outside the exit of the port it's only a two-lane road and that's where EVERYONE is meeting their tours.  But once you find them (they'll have a sign) you hop in a vehicle and they whisk you away.  I think they recommend the sloths visit first because they let them rest in the later part of the day.