Swimming with pigs at CocoCay

Pima1988

We have done the sting rays and dolphins, however, never with pigs.  It seems to cheap to be good. $85 a pp.  It is only 1 1/2 hrs., and we have to take a boat ride, so my guess is maybe we will be in the water for 30 mins with the pigs.  I have no problem with that since for me I will use my OBC, so it basically a freebie.  Just wondering if anyone can give me their opinions.  IE they say you need water shoes, guessing it is rocky?  

• 2 months later...

The CocoCay excursion is fake.  The guy literally said he got the pigs at a slaughter house and brought them to the island.  He has a pig pen that goes into the water.  It is a false representation of the Bahamas' Swimming Pigs.  These are not them and they barely swim in the water.  These are just regular pigs.  Don't waste your money.  Norwegian uses the same excursion, on their website they are honest with their guests that it is not the real thing.  RCCL gives you the impression it is.  I contacted RCCL and have been completely ignored.  Very disappointed and a huge waste of money.  

• 2 years later...

This excursion was actually so fun. If you enjoy animals and enjoy doing something new you will love this. Don’t listen to all the haters on this blog saying it’s a waste of money. They don’t swim very much but you get to interact with them a lot and it’s so fun! They are so cute and so well behaved, it’s a very fun experience! You just spent $4,000 on a cruise and you’re really complaining about $100 more to do something you’ve never done before? If you love animals you will really enjoy this

• 5 months later...
On 7/20/2019 at 3:47 PM, Mellisajoy317 said:

The CocoCay excursion is fake.  The guy literally said he got the pigs at a slaughter house and brought them to the island.  He has a pig pen that goes into the water.  It is a false representation of the Bahamas' Swimming Pigs.  These are not them and they barely swim in the water.  These are just regular pigs.  Don't waste your money.  Norwegian uses the same excursion, on their website they are honest with their guests that it is not the real thing.  RCCL gives you the impression it is.  I contacted RCCL and have been completely ignored.  Very disappointed and a huge waste of money.  

No need to be so negative! Regardless of the authenticity of the activity, my family had a blast playing with the piggies, and would totally do it again! And if the pigs are from a slaughter house.. that’s awesome because they are definitely spoiled now!