departure from sydney

Willamy

I wouldn't.  Arriving in port and debarkation are 2 different things.  We were in Sydney last yr (land vacation) I could see the ships from our hotel room.  It is a solid 30-45 mins to the airport.  You would want to be at the airport by 8-8:30. Travel would mean you want to be off the ship by 7:30.  Again, docking at 6:15 is not the same as getting off the ship.

JMPO

I am with SpeedNoodles.  Go see Queen Victoria Building (QVB)  it is akin to an upscale mall.  Go Mrs. Maquaries Chair in the botanical gardens.  Go to the zoo, it is amazing.  The hotels by the port are great.  You have enough time now to get  a credit card tied to a specific hotel if you don't have one now.  Use it for everything and you should be able to get the hotel room for free.  We stayed with our group at the Inter Continental, which I think is a Hilton Group.  Some other friends stayed at the Marriott (used their points).  We were both looking over the Harbor.

4 hours ago, F1guynz said:

Normally we get off cruises in Sydney and take the train to the airport for our 11:10 am flight with no issues. I think a 10:15 am flight would be very risky and I would not do it are there is no margin for error.

Can you provide a overview of the train to the airport?  How far is the train station from the pier, how much does it cost, how easy is it with luggage, is it a direct train or do you need to transfer, etc...

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, twangster said:

Can you provide a overview of the train to the airport?  How far is the train station from the pier, how much does it cost,

The train station is about 400 metres (437 yards) from the passenger terminal. It costs just under $18 AUD and runs on a regular time table. It is on the first floor of the Circular Quay station which you can use lifts to get to. The trip to the airport is direct and takes about 20 minutes. Having luggage is no problem as there is plenty of room.

we have a prepurchased Opal card which means we don’t have to buy tickets for the train trip, we can just swipe on and off. To make things easy I would suggest buying an Opal card at the airport when you land

We would normally get off the ship at 8:15 and are in the airport lounge not long after 9am. 

Too many intangibles and no time to spare.   Not worth the stress.  For instance bad weather, ship does not clear customs. Or harbor pilot issues.  Traffic issues. Missing luggage and so on. So what happens if you miss the 10:15 flight. Then what?  Two better choices. Much latter flight or stay overnight.  And last and something I don`t bring up much what about ship issues. They are rare but do happen. 

Good choice. I've never cruised in/out of Sydney but I stay in the immediate area of the port fairly frequently and even then, when taking the train or taxi, I would give myself three hours for an international flight if at all possible...and that's not counting having to get off of a ship and clear those formalities.