Royal's website cruise planning

Anyone else wish that you could search for cruises on RCL's site by the type of room type or class? I would love to be able to, say click 'Owner's Loft' or 'AT 2BRLB' and get all the boats that have that room or even click one of the Classes and get the results filtered by all rooms in that class across all boats that offer it. Also, would also be nice if instead of popping up a message that states that room is no longer available, it would allow you to go to the next step to 'see' what the price would be or maybe even allow you to put your name in the 'hat' in case that room comes available? #shrug just thoughts from a former web designer - lol

Honestly, my biggest complaint with RC website is the inability to see my cruise invoice, amount due, etc. I understand what you are saying though because I booked and it was giving me the price to pick my own room or let them. Odd that it showed it was cheaper for me to pick our rooms. However, it did not tell me that room was sold out and Threw me into a guarantee. So when I realized this I had to upgrade to a spacious balcony to be allowed to pick our rooms. I think the website needs some work. This is why I transferred our reservation to CruiseOne and I let them do the leg work with RC. 

@Natalie22909, I agree.  it would be nice to see the actual invoice.  However, we have always used a TA with all of our reservations - I let them handle the 'logistics', I just tell them what room / boat / route and they do the rest and send me a detailed invoice.  The other reason I use a TA is that I can book our cruises as far in advance as possible and then make monthly payments over, say 16 months.  Never purchased a cruise directly through the RCL website, so don't know how that would work.  

20 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

Anyone else wish that you could search for cruises on RCL's site by the type of room type or class? I would love to be able to, say click 'Owner's Loft' or 'AT 2BRLB' and get all the boats that have that room or even click one of the Classes and get the results filtered by all rooms in that class across all boats that offer it. Also, would also be nice if instead of popping up a message that states that room is no longer available, it would allow you to go to the next step to 'see' what the price would be or maybe even allow you to put your name in the 'hat' in case that room comes available? #shrug just thoughts from a former web designer - lol

I think when I asked a similar question you used to be able to. But yes, I would love the ability to search by say “Sky or Star Class” and certain boats and it would throw me the available dates and prices. 

Oh, just another 'rant'.  If I'm signed in,  you KNOW what freaking room I'm in and what comes with my room.  HIDE packages that come with my room while I'm looking at other things.  I mean, come on, I'm in a room that includes the deluxe beverage package - I don't need to see this when I'm in the cruise planner.  Fine, show it to me BUT make it grey or bright yellow or something and 'Woot - you already get this one, don't buy it again'.  #hmm musta made my coffee to strong this morning - lol  #46DayToAnthem

30 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I know it's not what you are asking, but I do know that Costco travel allows you to see what rooms are available on each deck.

? Yep, not even close.  You can do that reasonably efficiently on Royal's site, too.  I know there's one travel website where you can search by room type (sort of - works marginally well when looking for solo cabins), but because they sell all cruise lines the search isn't very specific.  Ah well, a girl can dream.