Nassau Bahamas Dolphin excursion

Kel Kel

I have my first cruise on Adventure by the Sea in August. I’m trying to decide which Dolphin excursion to book. There is a VIP Blue Lagoon island  swim with dolphins & beach day. Also a regular Blue lagoon island swim & beach day. There is I believe a third one.  Which one have people done & recommend?!? 

What did you do with the dolphins? Like all informatative or hands on

There are 2 kinds of dolphin excursions.

One kind is what they normally refer to as a "dolphin encounter".  In this type of excursion, you do not get to actually swim with the dolphins.  It is usually more of a touch, pet, watch, learn kind of thing.

The other kind of excursion is an actual swim where you get in the water with the dolphins and they pull you or push you along and you actually swim with them.  Of course, there is still pet, watch, learn as well, but you also get to engage with the dolphins in a bigger way.

The second excursion is generally more expensive than the first.

Just make sure you know what you are getting before you book.  IF the word "swim" is in the title, I would expect this excursion to be of the second type but I would sure verify that up front if the full swim is what you are looking for.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, Kel Kel said:

I booked the one with the word swim & If was $600 for the 2 of us! 

But I just wanted more input. Thanks

It’s 600 because your also paying to admission to the aqua park.  We just got off Symphony and by the time we got to Atlantis it was 11:30 and we had leave at 1:30.   I would check and see what time your boat departs.  If it’s 3:30 like Symphony you’ll be paying 300 for a 30 min swim and an hour at the water park.