Think it’s time to do Australia and NZ..

Jason12

Booked 4 years ago but the wife was not well enough to travel the 24 hours, so I think it’s about time we booked up again, not many Ship options for 2021 but our favourite ship will be there then the Serenade, any advice on which itinerary? Plus we are going to need business class for the wife so she can lay flat looking at Singapore Airlines as they offer a good stopover package in Singapore which we’ve done but want to see more..

4 years ago we did B2B on Radiance...around New Zealand and Sydney to Freemantle.  Loved every minute of it but we were sorry we didn't finish the circle around Australia.  Except we really enjoyed Perth so it worked for us.  This year we did some land touristing in Melbourne and Sydney with our son then we cruised from Sydney and circled New Zealand again on Ovation.  The Bay of Islands is beautiful and a not to be missed site.  We were sorry we didn't stop in Picton, New Zealand this time but we did stop in a few different ports that we enjoyed.  Not a big fan of Lord of the Rings but Hobbiton is well worth seeing.  Whichever cruise(s) you take, I am sure you will enjoy.

10 minutes ago, islandgrandma said:

4 years ago we did B2B on Radiance...around New Zealand and Sydney to Freemantle.  Loved every minute of it but we were sorry we didn't finish the circle around Australia.  Except we really enjoyed Perth so it worked for us.  This year we did some land touristing in Melbourne and Sydney with our son then we cruised from Sydney and circled New Zealand again on Ovation.  The Bay of Islands is beautiful and a not to be missed site.  We were sorry we didn't stop in Picton, New Zealand this time but we did stop in a few different ports that we enjoyed.  Not a big fan of Lord of the Rings but Hobbiton is well worth seeing.  Whichever cruise(s) you take, I am sure you will enjoy.

I like the look of the B2B Ovation 9 night NZ and then the 14 night repositioning to Singapore via Brisbane, Airlie beach, Cairns and Darwin 

In  March/April 2020 wife and I are doing B2B out of Sydney, one to NZ and then South pacific. Radiance, same balcony cabin. Spending 5 days pre-cruise in Sydney. I agree that we are not looking forward to the flight from Pittsburgh via SFO or DTW. Liked the idea of B2B so we didn't need to shuffle too much. Radiance is my favorite class esp for port intensive trips.

One good thing I’ve discovered is on the RC Australian site you can book accessible cabins which is great and the prices are comparable with US prices saving us in the UK about 40% ? that’s if I can actually complete the booking online when booking from the UK?