Random thoughts, just disembarked Anthem

karl_nj

A few random thoughts about dining, just disembarked Anthem this AM.

This is our second cruise on Anthem, we also sailed one year ago, but the week after Easter instead of the week before Easter.

• Was much more impressed with the food.   I still miss the "old" menus, but the food coming out of the kitchen this year was much better.
    • Bread was not stale, like last year
    • Fish of the Day was actually interesting.  Last year the fish rotated with the same sauce and sides.  This year every night was different.  We were very pleased with this change.
  • We got stuck with My Time Dining, but it worked out fine.  I prefer to have the same wait staff for dinner.  I reserved the same time slot every night, so the maitre'd seemed to be able to pre-allocate our table into the system.  The only drawback compared to traditional is that you still need to wait in line, instead of going directly to your table, and you need to meet the rest of your party outside the restaurant, instead of at the table.
  • I love Cafe Two70 for breakfast.  All sorts of fun breakfast sandwiches.  Smoked salmon is also available.  My wife and I would run down and have a nice breakfast there most mornings, then grab some cereal for my son and some donuts for my daughter to bring back up to the room.  Last year we only "discovered" Two70 breakfast on the last sea day.

13 hours ago, karl_nj said:

I love Cafe Two70 for breakfast.  All sorts of fun breakfast sandwiches.  Smoked salmon is also available. 

Huh, my wife and I did Two70 for breakfast all but one of our mornings, can’t say I recall seeing smoked salmon. Must be newly added in the last 6 months, and I sincerely hope it’s still there when I’m back on her in October!

8 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Huh, my wife and I did Two70 for breakfast all but one of our mornings, can’t say I recall seeing smoked salmon. Must be newly added in the last 6 months, and I sincerely hope it’s still there when I’m back on her in October!

I forget if I saw it in April of 2018, but it was certainly there this time around.  It's in the area that does the salads at lunch time.  At breakfast it's a bagel station.  I generally ignore bagels on cruise ships since I live in the NY Metro Area and can get much better bagels on land.  But a toasted bagel-shaped roll certainly works as a lox delivery mechanism.