Must have good coffee ...

Morning ☕, unfortunately my body clock won't allow me to sleep very late at home so, here I sit reading boards and even working on a Saturday.  Guess that's what happens after getting up early, grabbing some coffee and are used to sitting down to work for a few years now.  That first morning cup of coffee is really good and some times goes down way to fast.  Thinking about some good coffee on-board, we usually hit up the Starbucks stand.  Our last cruise, they baristas there got to know us and had our coffee waiting, because most of the mornings we were the first people there - our experience with them was amazing.

Fast forward to this year for our upcoming cruise on Anthem.  We have 'heard' that the Starbucks dedicated stand has gone away and that this is now sorta embedded in the La Patisserie.  Who else out there is sort of a coffee, uh, good coffee require'er' ? in the morning have been on Anthem and tried out this Starbucks coffee in the little cafe?  Is it truly Starbucks or just the Starbucks beans you might could get at Costco.  What about the creamers?  My wife can only really have Soy milk, which they ran out of on the first day of our cruise in 2017 on Oasis.  Did anyone ever setup a morning delivery of coffee for whatever time?  Was it worth it or was it just ok?  

I never tried room service coffee on Anthem but the La Patisserie coffee is a step up from the self serve in the Windjammer.  They have espresso-based specialty coffees and they state they use Starbucks..but it's like any restaurant that states they proudly serve Starbucks..just using the branded beans.

Anthem also had a specialty coffee bar in the Windjammer and Cafe 270..so that gives you a chance to hop around to find your favorite option.  I think those 2 used Seattle's Best.

I'm nothing without coffee. I can't get started without it. I make coffee at home and am particular. At work I drink DD or Starbucks. I was on Anthem in October and was very happy with La Patisserie's coffee, it was very good. They had soy, never ran out. I went to La Patisserie 2x a day with a few visits to 270 too and was just as happy. Windjammer's coffee wasn't bad at all. 270 was definitely Seattle's Best and also very good. If it helps, I don't get too fancy - just soy milk and coffee, no extra sugars or syrups.

43 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

Did anyone ever setup a morning delivery of coffee for whatever time?  Was it worth it or was it just ok?  

We have done coffee from room service. It's just regular coffee. It's convenient since it's delivered to you, nothing special. I'm one of those people that loves to get up early, before most people and wander around with a cup of coffee. So heading to WJ or even Park Café early works for me.

Anthem never had a standalone Starbucks venue just as most ships did not until Oasis class came around.  Perhaps in some future dry dock they will place one on her like they have on other ships as they were AMPED.  In that sense it isn't "gone" from Anthem, Starbucks never existed on her.

The Windjammer has the standard self-serve coffee but the coffee bar within the Windjammer is a solid place to get your morning fix with baristas on hand to satisfy your caffeine addiction on a more customized basis.  This is in addition to La Patisserie on deck 4.  

IW3Sr1C.jpg

1 minute ago, ellcee said:

I'm nothing without coffee. I can't get started without it. I make coffee at home and am particular. At work I drink DD or Starbucks. I was on Anthem in October and was very happy with La Patisserie's coffee, it was very good. They had soy, never ran out. I went to La Patisserie 2x a day with a few visits to 270 too and was just as happy. Windjammer's coffee wasn't bad at all. 270 was definitely Seattle's Best and also very good. If it helps, I don't get too fancy - just soy milk and coffee, no extra sugars or syrups.

Thanks!  Good to know you didn't run out of Soy ?  that would make for a 'not-so-friendly-wife' in the mornings lol.  We used to buy the SB beans from Costco and grind our own every morning.  But, we have since switched over the coffee from Spouts (it's kinda like Whole Foods, if you are familiar with them).  I know in the past some of the coffee on board has not been worth getting, at least for us.  With the 'moving' of the SB kiosk, just wanted to check to make sure the coffee wouldn't be downgraded.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Anthem never had a standalone Starbucks venue just as most ships did not until Oasis class came around.  Perhaps in some future dry dock they will place one on her like they have on other ships as they were AMPED.  In that sense it isn't "gone" from Anthem, Starbucks never existed on her.

The Windjammer has the standard self-serve coffee but the coffee bar within the Windjammer is a solid place to get your morning fix with baristas on hand to satisfy your caffeine addiction on a more customized basis.  This is in addition to La Patisserie on deck 4.  

IW3Sr1C.jpg

Well that looks great!

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

IW3Sr1C.jpg

Nice picture, this looks like the WJ, right?

1 minute ago, TheHobbys said:

we have since switched over the coffee from Spouts

Sprouts? Yes! I visit the Dallas area 1-2x a year and that is one of our supermarket stops. I think you and your wife will be 100% good. The service in 270 and La Patisserie is excellent as well, they make it a point to get to know you and know your order from the first day. I've experienced that both on Anthem and Harmony, By day 2 they knew my name and what I wanted and were super friendly.

1 minute ago, ellcee said:

Sprouts? Yes! I visit the Dallas area 1-2x a year and that is one of our supermarket stops. I think you and your wife will be 100% good. The service in 270 and La Patisserie is excellent as well, they make it a point to get to know you and know your order from the first day. I've experienced that both on Anthem and Harmony, By day 2 they knew my name and what I wanted and were super friendly.

Great to hear!  What time do they open?  I'm guessing there would be something open 24/7?  oh - just for fun - i may go up to those robot bartenders and ask for a specialty coffee lol