When to expect the future summer cruises in 2021?

Does anyone know when RCL will release their summer routes for 2021?  Right now, it seems they only go out to April '21.  I'm also curious to see if there will be one of the 'newer' class boats doing any 9/10 night routes around June '21.  We head out on the 9 Night Bermuda in June this year (48 days to go) on Anthem in a SC.   I believe the Anthem is going elsewhere and won't be on this route in '21.  I am looking to book another SC around the June '21 range on a newer boat, but want something a little longer than the 7-night.

Thoughts?

45 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

Does anyone know when RCL will release their summer routes for 2021?  Right now, it seems they only go out to April '21.  I'm also curious to see if there will be one of the 'newer' class boats doing any 9/10 night routes around June '21.  We head out on the 9 Night Bermuda in June this year (48 days to go) on Anthem in a SC.   I believe the Anthem is going elsewhere and won't be on this route in '21.  I am looking to book another SC around the June '21 range on a newer boat, but want something a little longer than the 7-night.

Thoughts?

I don't think the new routes for summer 2021 will come out until either November of this year or early 2020 like Jan or Feb... Also the chance of an Oasis class ship doing a 9 nighter in June I think is extremely slim.. Also you are misinformed about Anthem.. Its summer 2020 its going to Europe for its dry dock and then spending the season there.. All Signs point to it being in NJ for summer 2021.. Sorry these aren't the answers you want to hear but hopefully you will really enjoy Anthem this year and want to book her again. 

Thanks for the note @AGSLC5.  We are really looking forward to our cruise on Anthem this year.  I saw it was going to Europe at some point, but didn't know if it was coming back to the states later.  Glad to see that it should be coming back to the NJ for summer '21. We have booked Harmony for our cruise in 2020 but now planning our 2021 cruise - aiming for a SC on something a little longer than just the 7-nights.

I thought Anthem would be back to Southampton for Summer 2021? I wonder what the UK would be getting. I think having Anthem/Indy for the Southampton summer was the best of both worlds for the UK market (Voyager Class with Indy made no sense), and having Anthem and Oasis rotating seasons in Bayonne also seems like a good idea, giving the NY/NJ market something different.

In 2018, the Caribbean summer cruises for 2020 and Jan-Apr of 2021 came out around the second week of December 2018, I remember because I was on a business trip and was trying to book all my future cruises while on a hotel WiFi (not good). So this means that around the second full week of December 2019 you should see the 7 day or shorter summer Caribbean cruises for 2021 come out. I believe what they call Caribbean Phase II (Longer than 7 days) comes out after these dates.

I have Anthem booked for a 13 night Mediterranean cruise out of Southampton for June of 2020, so I know she will be there, after that I didn't look at her.

I agree with everyone else, I doubt you will see Oasis doing longer than 7 night when she reposition to NJ.

Using 2020 as an example, May through September, the only thing I saw on a new ship was Ovation, doing half of her re-positioning back to the Asia market, Vancouver to Oahu, 10 nights. All of the other ships were non- O or Q class ships (No Star Class).

Ok, so I will just have to keep watching later this year to see what releases for summer 2021.  I figured they only released dates around the 16-18 month out range.  We have kids in 7th and 9th grades, so are limited on our May travel dates (I saw the re-positioning cruise that hit Hawaii, but can't due to kids in school), which is why I aim for the first of June.  I'm also trying to cruise on all the newest ships to try out the different activities.  I'm watching the Ovation for a possible Alaska route, but that is only 7-nights ?  Now-adays that just doesn't seem long enough.  Especially when I have to wait a year between cruises.  

I'm some what in the same boat, I'm waiting on summer of 2021 to book a cruise from my 2nd Grandson, every time a Grandchild hits double digit's (IE., 10 or 11years), we take them on a cruise with us, we started with the oldest in 2018 and will have to work through them all, 5 of them now, soon to be 6.

With that said, we have to wait until they are out of school, also my wife works at a school, so we are also June, July, half of August.

I did get her to take off this year in January for a Star Class room on Allure, but that can't happen very often.

45 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

Ok, so I will just have to keep watching later this year to see what releases for summer 2021.  I figured they only released dates around the 16-18 month out range.  We have kids in 7th and 9th grades, so are limited on our May travel dates (I saw the re-positioning cruise that hit Hawaii, but can't due to kids in school), which is why I aim for the first of June.  I'm also trying to cruise on all the newest ships to try out the different activities.  I'm watching the Ovation for a possible Alaska route, but that is only 7-nights ?  Now-adays that just doesn't seem long enough.  Especially when I have to wait a year between cruises.  

just a suggestion but would you ever try and do a back2back? For instance on an Oasis class ship usually one week does Eastern Caribbean and the next week they do Western. So you would be going to different places and have the benefit of a 14 day cruise.. 

Anthem comes back to Bayonne on November 12, 2020.  Oasis leaves just before her return.

Ovation is not expected to return to Alaska in 2021.  In March of 2021 she heads to Singapore while Voyager follows a month later.  Radiance and Serenade will be making the trip North from Australia in 2021.   However their bookable cruises stop at Hawaii.  It's not clear what they'll do next.  Odyssey is the wild card at the moment.  

It wouldn't surprise me to see Odyssey hit the West coast for a bit and then service Alaska in 2021.  Royal has been hinting at a return to the West coast and Odyssey makes sense.  Cold weather ship for the cool Pacific ocean then into Alaska for the summer 2021 season.    What better way to attract attention and make a statement return to the West coast than it's newest ship?

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Anthem comes back to Bayonne on November 12, 2020.  Oasis leaves just before her return.

Ovation is not expected to return to Alaska in 2021.  In March of 2021 she heads to Singapore while Voyager follows a month later.  Radiance and Serenade will be making the trip North from Australia in 2021.   However their bookable cruises stop at Hawaii.  It's not clear what they'll do next.  Odyssey is the wild card at the moment.  

It wouldn't surprise me to see Odyssey hit the West coast for a bit and then service Alaska in 2021.  Royal has been hinting at a return to the West coast and Odyssey makes sense.  Cold weather ship for the cool Pacific ocean then into Alaska for the summer 2021 season.    What better way to attract attention and make a statement return to the West coast than it's newest ship?

Ovation is likely headed to Singapore for drydock, just like Quantum is this year. Probably back to Alaska afterwards.

As for Odyssey, will she even be able to go through the Canal? If not, then Alaska on her won't be happening.

I disagree that Odyssey or any Quantum Class will do the California, it isn't logical to go all in with the new flagship if the market is basically an unknown quantity. Would be disastrous for them if it tanks, which is possible as if they couldn't support Mariner, how could they support Odyssey? Would be a better idea to test the market with a smaller ship first and build up. Just like Explorer has been a bit of a "test" ship since she left Bayonne - testing Alaska as to whether or not it can support Ovation and testing Port Canaveral to see if Oasis would be feasible.

While we are on the topic of 2021 deployment, where is Europe in all of this? 

We've had Anthem, Harmony and Symphony in their inaugural seasons and don't see them again for 5 years until they do dry-dock.

Europe hasn't had a new ship consistently since Independence debuted in 2008 and the offering this year in particular is pitiful. Would love if we would get a new ship that serves us each year. I don't like flying and don't want to fly to the States so often.

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

As for Odyssey, will she even be able to go through the Canal? If not, then Alaska on her won't be happening.

Quantum class can end up in the Pacific with or without the newly expanded Panama canal locks which she does fit into.  

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

While we are on the topic of 2021 deployment, where is Europe in all of this? 

We've had Anthem, Harmony and Symphony in their inaugural seasons and don't see them again for 5 years until they do dry-dock.

Europe hasn't had a new ship consistently since Independence debuted in 2008 and the offering this year in particular is pitiful. Would love if we would get a new ship that serves us each year.

Royal follows the money.  If they could make more money leaving those ships in Europe they would.   It's a seasonal market compared to the Caribbean where the ships can sail over and over and over again, years at a time.  

Ovation was Royal's 2nd highest revenue producing ship in 2018 and that's before Alaska.  Little Radiance makes more than Indy or Liberty.  The four ships servicing Asia/Pacific/Alaska are all in the top 10 of 2018 revenue.  Australia-Hawaii Transpacific sailings sell at a premium compared to Transatlantic sailings that lose money.   There's money to be made in the Pacific and Royal is making it.  

Serenade and Jewel who split their time in Europe made $82M and $88M less than Radiance.   Of the Royal ships that spend time in Europe they all are in the bottom half of 2018 revenue.  

At the same time Royal tested Jewel and Serenade in the Panama canal which sold well and at a premium.  Those results may support a future Quantum class Panama canal transit.

Odyssey launches fall of 2020 at the end of the European season.  Royal is testing the UK with Anthem next year.  Based on booking results they'll likely decide where Odyssey goes after her winter on the east coast of the US.  If Anthem succeeds or flops in the UK in 2020 plus how Brexit plays out may determine a lot.  

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

Quantum class can end up in the Pacific with or without the newly expanded Panama canal locks which she does fit into.  

Royal follows the money.  If they could make more money leaving those ships in Europe they would.   It's a seasonal market compared to the Caribbean where the ships can sail over and over and over again, years at a time.  

Ovation was Royal's 2nd highest revenue producing ship in 2018 and that's before Alaska.  Little Radiance makes more than Indy or Liberty.  The four ships servicing Asia/Pacific/Alaska are all in the top 10 of 2018 revenue.  Australia-Hawaii Transpacific sailings sell at a premium compared to Transatlantic sailings that lose money.   There's money to be made in the Pacific and Royal is making it.  

Serenade and Jewel who split their time in Europe made $82M and $88M less than Radiance.   Of the Royal ships that spend time in Europe they all are in the bottom half of 2018 revenue.  

At the same time Royal tested Jewel and Serenade in the Panama canal which sold well and at a premium.  Those results may support a future Quantum class Panama canal transit.

Odyssey launches fall of 2020 at the end of the European season.  Royal is testing the UK with Anthem next year.  Based on booking results they'll likely decide where Odyssey goes after her winter on the east coast of the US.  If Anthem succeeds or flops in the UK in 2020 plus how Brexit plays out may determine a lot.  

Ovation producing high amounts of revenue is likely due to being in Asia where guests tend to spend more than in Europe. Europe is pretty frugal in spending.

However, if Royal made no money in Europe, then why do they send ships here full stop? Brexit doesn't mean much since they've actually increased capacity in Southampton by replacing Voyager Class with Anthem. If they didn't feel that the UK market was going to make them any money, then they wouldn't have put Anthem in Southampton for the full season. Oasis Class has consistently been popular in Europe as well.

I don't think Jewel/Serenade doing Panama Canal says much as Radiance Class to Odyssey is a major jump in capacity. If they were going to test if it was viable, it might be worth sending a Freedom Class on a Panama Canal transit.

Just now, Joe01 said:

However, if Royal made no money in Europe, then why do they send ships here full stop?

Because they have ships that have to find ports to sail into.  

I didn't say they make no money in Europe.  They make money.  Just not as much as in the Pacific.  Whether that is because of frugality is irrelevant.   

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I do hope Royal comes back to the west coast. Hubby wants to sail out there more than almost anywhere except Europe (and he can't fly to Europe yet).

Our struggle with the west coast is the limited ports, everything is just a slightly different port in Mexico. However if we could get all the way down the Galapagos that would be another story. I’d be all about that. 

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I do hope Royal comes back to the west coast. 

Oh My...How That Would Be Dream! I know It Won't Happen; But, I Royally(no pun intended) Wish An Oasis Class Ship Could Make A Seasonal Run Up The Cali/Riveara Coastline & A Sailing Or Two, To The South Pacific Thru Hawaii From Southern Cal.

Yeah...It's A Fantasy, I Know. ?

Just tossing this out there, but I wish that there were more options for summer cruises from Cali to Hawaii.  It's like the last one leaves / goes through the islands during the first of May and then there's nothing till September.  For us, we can't cruise during those times as the kids are in school.  Yeah, they would not like us if we left them behind - ?   

38 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

Just tossing this out there, but I wish that there were more options for summer cruises from Cali to Hawaii.  It's like the last one leaves / goes through the islands during the first of May and then there's nothing till September.  For us, we can't cruise during those times as the kids are in school.  Yeah, they would not like us if we left them behind - ?   

Agreed but at the moment the Hawaii cruises that Royal does offer are only offered because the ship is repositioning from Australia to Alaska or vice versa.  Hence May and September.

Cruises to Hawaii from Cali are subject to the PVSA and must include an international stop so it's not as simple as just offering cruises to Hawaii.  Hopefully if Royal does return to the West coast they can offer additional runs to Hawaii however I'm not sure if demand is high enough to make them worth while to offer and they may need to originate them out of Vancouver due to complexities within the PVSA and concepts of "near foreign port" versus "distant foreign port" as it relates to international ports.

@twangster, yeah i knew about the port visits in different areas.  We did a Princess cruise back in 2001, I think, that went from Honolulu to Ensenada and then had to take a bus across the border to San Diego to catch our flight.  It would be nice to see RCL do something from Vancouver to Hawaii ?  think of going from 'cold' to 'hot' lol.  May have to wait till the kids are in college before the wife and I jump on the Ovation re-positioning that passes through Hawaii

41 minutes ago, TheHobbys said:

@twangster, yeah i knew about the port visits in different areas.  We did a Princess cruise back in 2001, I think, that went from Honolulu to Ensenada and then had to take a bus across the border to San Diego to catch our flight.  It would be nice to see RCL do something from Vancouver to Hawaii ?  think of going from 'cold' to 'hot' lol.  May have to wait till the kids are in college before the wife and I jump on the Ovation re-positioning that passes through Hawaii

I've done the West coast Mexico ports on Carnival a few years ago.  I've been a few times and nothing there interests me.  I understand why Royal is being careful about coming back to CA.  Even if they do I'm not sure how much I'd sail from the West coast because the itineraries are lackluster and repetitive.   It's still a 2 1/2 hour flight for me versus just under 4 hours to Florida.  If I'm going to do the whole airport thing anyways, lining up for security, checking luggage, etc., the whole country is available to me to depart from.  

Although I do enjoy staying on the Queen Mary the night before a cruise.  

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

Off topic a little and maybe this is old news but I was over on Cruisemapper.com, went to ships and then Royal and they have two future cruise ships listed that I didn't remember seeing discussed before, the pictures next to them show a Q class but that may just be there generic picture, anyway they had Pulse OTS and Passion OTS, along with Odyssey OTS which we knew about.

8 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

Off topic a little and maybe this is old news but I was over on Cruisemapper.com, went to ships and then Royal and they have two future cruise ships listed that I didn't remember seeing discussed before, the pictures next to them show a Q class but that may just be there generic picture, anyway they had Pulse OTS and Passion OTS, along with Odyssey OTS which we knew about.

Interesting, never heard of the Pulse or Passion - sure those are RCL?  Here's the list I see for ships on order:  https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-cruise-ships-order

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Tina Hill said:

I’m waiting for June 2021 for Alaska cruise. Do you think the Ovation would ever do the 9 day cruise? 

Thanks!

The only chance is at the very beginning or end of the season.  I recall Explorer of the Seas doing some longer sailings that included parts of California.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 7:42 AM, Pen said:

I have to say, although I thought Anthem was beautiful, I feel completely spoiled that Oasis is coming to Bayonne.  I hope it is a habit that RCCI keeps making  ?

Me too !! really excite that Oasis will sail out of Bayonne. Even though will sail to the same ports I had been 10 times (Port Canaveral, Nassau and Coco Cay). YOLO Oasis in August 2020. This trip the ship is my destination not the ports. ?