Order Ships by Most Favorite to Least Favorite

For fun...list the ships you've been on and order them from best to last (and would love to hear reasons for each)

Here's mine...

1. Symphony
  2. Allure
  3. Independence
  4. Mariner
  5. Voyager
  6. Grandeur

Have yet to be experience a bad cruise...and all Royal ships are beautiful.  Loved loved loved Symphony for all the amenities, shows, neighborhoods, so much to explore, food options, etc.

And of course, Allure is close behind as it's similar (just a few less features).

Voyager and Grandeur were long ago so much more basic compared to today.

Also loved Independence and Mariner but rated Independence one higher due to the great shows for being non-Oasis.

Can't wait to try Navigator, Adventure and Anthem  to see how they compare!

This is going to come as no surprise because you all know that I am #teamOAclass but here goes:

1. Harmony 

2. Oasis

3. Allure

4. Independence 

5. Mariner

6. Anthem

7. Adventure

8. Brilliance

9. Enchantment

This list might change once I sail Symphony in July. I have a feeling she might beat out Harmony. ?

Several are closely ranked and I could move one or two up or down a spot if I thought hard about it.

1. Symphony
  2. Harmony
  3. Anthem
  4. Navigator
  5. Ovation (estimated, will know in a few weeks)
  6. Allure
  7. Oasis
  8. Indy
  9. Mariner
  10. Liberty
  11. Adventure
  12. Freedom
  13. Explorer
  14. Serenade
  15. Brilliance
  16. Empress
  17. Radiance
  18. Vision
  19. Grandeur
  20. Enchantment

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Several are closely ranked and I could move one or two up or down a spot if I thought hard about it.

Looks like you need cruise on Voyager once she has been amp’d. A trip to the South Pacific will cover that ?

4 hours ago, twangster said:

1. Symphony
  2. Harmony
  3. Anthem
  4. Navigator
  6. Allure
  7. Oasis
  8. Indy
  9. Mariner
  10. Liberty
  11. Adventure
  12. Freedom
  13. Explorer
  14. Serenade
  15. Brilliance
  16. Empress
  17. Radiance
  18. Vision
  19. Grandeur
  20. Enchantment

Replace Enchantment with Rhapsody and flip your list upside down for me......:1_grinning:

1. Anthem
  2. Freedom

Anthem wins on headliner entertainment (Spectra, We Will Rock You), availability of Coastal Kitchen, and the amazing Solarium; she also gets a point for practically being in my back yard. But it’s a close race as Freedom has more of a classic cruising feel to me, I liked the Royal Promenade much better than the Via / Esplanade, and she has a much better connection to the ocean. 

@Lovetocruise2002 ..defintiely not surprised by your list.  Was wondering where you would rate Anthem. 

@twangster ...love the long list. And nice to see Anthem third.  Trying for first time in March (and also Navigator which is your 4th in August).  Looking forward to hearing about Ovation.

@L454S...looks like you like the smaller ships vs larger.

@JLMoran ...guessing you live in NY?  That would be amazing to be so close to a port.  Adventure has been out of there too. PS - I've seen We Will Rock You a few times in Toronto and can't wait to see it again on Anthem...plus other shows.

@AshleyDillo...totally agree.  Grandeur was my first cruise and was just me and my dad.  Voyager was with DH on our honeymoon.  So cruise themselves are very special but I ranked them for the ship (and others with our kids so all very special in their own way).

@Jaymac Radio...we're debating between Adventure and Brilliance and probably going with Adventure. But there are a few on here who have them back to back with A one rank up.

18 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

defintiely not surprised by your list.  Was wondering where you would rate Anthem. 

Middle. Love/hate relationship ? That might change come July. I keep wondering  if a lot of my dislikes had to with weather in March out of NJ. But the layout of the ship also bothered me a lot...

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Middle. Love/hate relationship ? That might change come July. I keep wondering  if a lot of my dislikes had to with weather in March out of NJ. But the layout of the ship also bothered me a lot...

Yeah...we're doing a March cruise too and I'm going into it just knowing that it's not a warm holiday vacation.  But can't wait to try the ship itself and see.  And I know our kids will love Sea Plex and of course all the food and treats...lol as with any cruise.  Will be interesting to see if you like it better in July.  Have heard there are crowd issues too with the general flow or something.  That may bother DH but lets see.

The danger in ranking ships is that the list could be inferred in inappropriate ways.

I don't avoid ships that are lower on my list.  I have multiple cruises on Vision booked despite it being #18. 

I tend to enjoy every ship I sail because I research and know what I'm booking.  

For some people their list will range from hate to great.  For me the range is compressed and covers very enjoyable to fabulous.

19 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I actually like that Quantum class is different.  Plus it's designed for cooler weather.  If you only experienced Oasis class in March out of NJ you'd likely think Central Park is a waste of space and the Boardwalk is too cold to enjoy.  Who wants to wear a coat to an Aqua show?  (even if it is Lulu) ? 

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

I actually like that Quantum class is different.  Plus it's designed for cooler weather.  If you only experienced Oasis class in March out of NJ you'd likely think Central Park is a waste of space and the Boardwalk is too cold to enjoy.  Who wants to wear a coat to an Aqua show?  (even if it is Lulu) ? 

Well said. And I don't disagree.  That is why I have to give this ship another chance in warmer weather.  At this point, I am undecided if it was the ship and the lack of CP and Boardwalk that I didn't like or the fact that I was cruising out of cold weather (which I thought I was mentally prepared for, but turns out I hated it).

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

The danger in ranking ships is that the list could be inferred in inappropriate ways.

I don't avoid ships that are lower on my list. 

And yes!  100% agree with this point too.  I have still enjoyed every cruise I've been on.  Research is the key.  Know what you are sailing.

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

I don't avoid ships that are lower on my list.  I have multiple cruises on Vision booked despite it being #18. 

I tend to enjoy every ship I sail because I research and know what I'm booking.  

For some people their list will range from hate to great.  For me the range is compressed and covers very enjoyable to fabulous.

Totally agree...and I didn't mean for this to be a negative thread...just positive and fun.  And we're always looking for different ships so wanted to know how others ranked those that we have not been on...or thinking of trying such as Brilliance.  For us, any cruise is amazing.  Although I ranked Symphony first (and I'm guessing Harmony will be #2 once we sail her), every cruise is vacation and I love it.  We even considered Majesty as an option for Dec (without kids).  The price and # days were what we wanted and a Royal cruise is a Royal cruise...and they'd still have a show every night. great food, service, the cruise planner activities, beautiful views of the water, different port stops, etc etc....a cruise is what you make of it and each Royal ship brings their own thing.

We will sail both Symphony and Navigator for short sailings this summer.   I have a feeling I know where Symphony will fall in the list.  I'll be interested if I'll rank Navigator higher than Independence.  Here is where I'll rank my list so far. 

1.  Harmony

2.  Independence

3.  Liberty 

4.  Adventure

5.  Brilliance

12 hours ago, twangster said:

1. Symphony
  2. Harmony
  3. Anthem
  4. Navigator
  6. Allure
  7. Oasis
  8. Indy
  9. Mariner
  10. Liberty
  11. Adventure
  12. Freedom
  13. Explorer
  14. Serenade
  15. Brilliance
  16. Empress
  17. Radiance
  18. Vision
  19. Grandeur
  20. Enchantment

Twangster...I guess it's safe to say, I will be looking forward to your Ovation ots blog in a few? ?

3 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

@Jaymac Radio...we're debating between Adventure and Brilliance and probably going with Adventure. But there are a few on here who have them back to back with A one rank up.

In My Own Option I Think Brilliance Is Kinda Like Adventure. Here Are The Things They Have That Are All Most The Same.

Water Slides- They Both Have Them. 

Mini Golf- They Both Have It.

Sports Court- They Both Have A Court.

Rock Wall- The Same.

14 minutes ago, Jaymac Radio said:

In My Own Option I Think Brilliance Is Kinda Like Adventure. Here Are The Things They Have That Are All Most The Same.

Water Slides- They Both Have Them. 

Mini Golf- They Both Have It.

Sports Court- They Both Have A Court.

Rock Wall- The Same.

Brilliance has a kid's slide.  Adventure has slides a grown up kid like me can enjoy.  

Subtle difference.

Another short list we’ll have to work on!

1.  Liberty

2.  Explorer

3.  Majesty

I’m sure Allure (next month) will take over the top spot! The order is also reverse sail date order. Looking for bigger, newer and more exciting these days as you can see!

Looking at Harmony, Symphony and Anthem down the line... would also like to try the Amped smaller ships too!

Favorite overall cruise to date was our honeymoon cruise on the Disney Wonder. Our very first cruise too! I have a feeling this Allure cruise will take over as favorite overall since we’re going with good friends!

Here is my very short list:

1: Carnival Pride (December 2003)

2: USS Anzio CG-68

These are the only two ships I have sailed on.  Can't wait for our sailing on Liberty in two weeks. 

Would not recommend the USS Anzio.  Food was very comparable to Golden Corral.  There was no stateroom attendant.  The bathrooms were community style.  They didn't offer an alcohol package.  The sailing was for only offered in 180 nights.  And the port schedule was way too variable.

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Pure curiosity....Why Liberty over Oasis?

For as long as she is in Galveston, I can drive and I don't have to fly.

When an O class gets assigned to Galveston and Liberty will probably be re-assigned I'm sure those will flip around a little.

Who knows, when we go on Anthem this summer I may fall in love with Q and only sail on them!!! I highly doubt that but just a thought.

8 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

@JLMoran ...guessing you live in NY?  That would be amazing to be so close to a port.

Northern NJ, but same difference. Cape Liberty port is about 45 minutes from my house, and that is all kinds of awesome. No need to fly, parking is actually quite reasonable per day, and if I decide to go with a family drop-off or limo it's not really out of anyone's way and not really expensive. Itinerary selections tend to me more limited / boutique, but this is where I'll be embarking from when I sail Celebrity Summit in August of 2020 for a once-in-a-lifetime transatlantic to Canada, Greenland, Iceland, and Ireland.

26 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Cape Liberty port is about 45 minutes from my house, and that is all kinds of awesome. No need to fly, parking is actually quite reasonable...

We love it too!

That's why Explorer (2013) and Liberty (2015) were the last 2 cruises for us... and why Anthem (and maybe Oasis next year while she's here) are enticing! We're about 60-90 minutes from Cape Liberty from where we are here on LI.  We usually park at the port for the week... it used to run about $200-$225 for the full week. Still much, much cheaper than flying down even on SW from Islip/Macarthur. Maybe one day we'll get lucky and RC will give us an Oasis class ship full-time not just "on loan"!

I would love to see Oasis cruise through the harbor and under the Verrazano!?

1.  Any Ship that has an easy to find, great dance floor (even if just for two) ... Thank you Grandeur, Anthem, Harmony and Radiance.

2.  Any Ship that still has an Upper Deck Lounge that anyone can go to ... Thank you Grandeur, Freedom, Radiance, Adventure and Explorer.

3.  Any Ship that has a Central Park ... Thank you Oasis, Allure and Harmony.

4.  Any Ship that has a Diamond Lounge with Ocean views ... Thank you, Grandeur, Anthem, Radiance, Freedom, Adventure, and Explorer.

5.  Never on any Ship that sails over a major holiday.

1. Oasis

2. Majesty

3. Enchantment

I'm looking forward to Anthem, Freedom, and Ovation.  We also have Oasis booked after her amp, so I'm excited to see what will be different.  Enchantment will probably continue to hang near the bottom, but Majesty will hang near the top due to it being our first RC cruise, and I really loved the crew on Majesty.