Specialty Dining on Port Days

Kriazerie

1 hour ago, Kriazerie said:

My partner and I are going on a 4 night Navigator sailing in June. I'm wondering which bars/restaurants are open for lunch on Port days? Trying to see if the ultimate dining package is worth it for us. 

I can tell you for the 4 night Mariner only playmakers is open for port days.. This is typical of port days though they don't usually have the restaurants open then.. 

So here is a scenario that I was thinking about. NOT that I would have any interest in doing this...but what would keep someone from going to Izumi, eating their $35 worth, getting up and leaving and coming right back in and eating another $35 worth, rinse, repeat.  Technically I guess someone could do the same thing with any of the "open seating" quasi-specialties like Playmakers.  I imagine they're going to have to make some limitations.

Also, how are they going to preclude someone from going into Playmakers, ordering food and sharing it with all of their buddies.  Essentially they could close out one ticket and then just come right back in and open a new one.

I guess there are a million ways to scam the system if you really want to try.  We will never do anything like this as I cannot eat all the food I'm entitled to NOW much less try and eat more than once a night or more than once for lunch, etc.   ...but I am certain that there are people who will come up with new and exciting ways to scam the system.  There always are.

26 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So here is a scenario that I was thinking about. NOT that I would have any interest in doing this...but what would keep someone from going to Izumi, eating their $35 worth, getting up and leaving and coming right back in and eating another $35 worth, rinse, repeat.  Technically I guess someone could do the same thing with any of the "open seating" quasi-specialties like Playmakers.  I imagine they're going to have to make some limitations.

Also, how are they going to preclude someone from going into Playmakers, ordering food and sharing it with all of their buddies.  Essentially they could close out one ticket and then just come right back in and open a new one.

I guess there are a million ways to scam the system if you really want to try.  We will never do anything like this as I cannot eat all the food I'm entitled to NOW much less try and eat more than once a night or more than once for lunch, etc.   ...but I am certain that there are people who will come up with new and exciting ways to scam the system.  There always are.

my friend and I had this exact same thought and conversation right down to the part about sharing food with others at playmakers lol. There are so many "loop holes" and unanswered questions. I really hate that Royal is not fully transparent on how this is going to work. I already get the ultimate dining package whenever I cruise because I don't like the MDR food so either way I am still going to now get the Unlimited package but I would just like to know Exactly how its going to work. 

12 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

my friend and I had this exact same thought and conversation right down to the part about sharing food with others at playmakers lol. There are so many "loop holes" and unanswered questions. I really hate that Royal is not fully transparent on how this is going to work. I already get the ultimate dining package whenever I cruise because I don't like the MDR food so either way I am still going to now get the Unlimited package but I would just like to know Exactly how its going to work. 

Me too, Steph.  We're going to buy the UDP anyway but I hate not knowing if I will be turned away when I go to eat !