Mariner (1st time) or Navigator (2nd time)

Need to crowd source some advice, booking a short three night cruise with my eight year old daughter for August (wife has too much going on at work.) Going to book the weekend of August 16th on either Mariner or Navigator.

Both cruises are about the same distance away from the airport we'd fly into (MCO or FLL as I've changed my Southwest Companion to Addison for the year) and both boats are recently Amped. We will be on Navigator next month and have never been on Mariner. However, there seems to be the very real possibility that the Skypad won't be open by then (if it ever reopens) and without that Navigator has a big edge. 

Both are excellent ships.  Water slides are different but that could go either way depending on likes and dislikes.  

MCO to Port Canaveral is farther than FLL to Port Miami.  Not a huge price difference in Uber/Lyft relative to the cruise fare but some.  

Navigator's Ice Show has drones so a slight edge to this show.  

The pool deck is better on Navigator.  

Mariner for variety.

I'd do Mariner if you are already on Navigator.  Mariner has Perfect Storm waterslides and both have Laser Tag.  Hopefully Sky Pad will be back but no one knows and need to assume not as you noted.  

And least too you'll have different production shows and such.  We went on Mariner last summer, have Navigator booked this upcoming summer and then Mariner again to mix it up.