Keepin' It (Star) Classy: Anthem Edition

SweetPea

Also, Derick has a standing order for a spicy Bloody Mary with bacon for my 11:30 "breakfast." 

@Dolls123, were you asking if you could put suitcases under the bed? The answer is yes if small, but they keep being under there.

@WAAAYTOOO, we have Jesus as our room steward. He sounds familiar from your blog. 

2 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Not a huge fan of the mustard, but this was lunch. (We ate 2. You get 5 pretzel sticks.) 

20190427_141727.thumb.jpg.82db09f1ae5081e6be060784237ab54d.jpg

Derick knew we wanted drinks and recommended we skip CK because it was crazy

Were they as good as the pretzel rolls on NCL?

We don't usually sail NCL.  My son is a very picky eater, so it's easier to have the same wait staff at dinner every night.  My wife and I used to do an annual Cruise to Nowhere on NCL, before they were deemed illegal.  

I do miss those pretzel rolls.

39 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

Were they as good as the pretzel rolls on NCL?

We don't usually sail NCL.  My son is a very picky eater, so it's easier to have the same wait staff at dinner every night.  My wife and I used to do an annual Cruise to Nowhere on NCL, before they were deemed illegal.  

I do miss those pretzel rolls.

Not bad. But NCL's definitely fresher. 

3 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Also, Derick has a standing order for a spicy Bloody Mary with bacon for my 11:30 "breakfast." 

@Dolls123, were you asking if you could put suitcases under the bed? The answer is yes if small, but they keep being under there.

@WAAAYTOOO, we have Jesus as our room steward. He sounds familiar from your blog. 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That is a way better countdown than mine! ?

At this point, I feel like I'm having cruise withdrawals lol.  I had my youngest child in February, so the last time I was allowed to cruise (24 week mark) was in October and I have to wait until she is 6 months old to sail again.  I loved reading your star class blog by the way! 

On 4/18/2019 at 4:04 PM, SweetPea said:

What will we be missing out on?! Not that we are “do it all” peeps. But we like to know we can, if we want to. Most of the time we don’t want to, but what if we do? (This makes sense in my head.)

This is my husband's reasoning for:

a) wanting to book bigger shops rather than smaller - then he just lies by the pool and naps on sea days

b) refusing to book a cabin without a balcony - then only ever poking his head out onto the balcony as were enter a port

c) wanting to book RC over other cruise lines that don't have the enormity of foods on offer for breakfast that the WJ does - then he eats the same 'full English' every morning of the cruise

?‍♀️

Thanks for the blog, I'm looking forward to following along with you

Ok folks. The internet started petering out not long after sail away and was still down when we went to the 6:30 show. I didn't wind up trying again till this morning. 

This was the drink we tried. It smelled like Cotton Candy and looked like it. It tasted pretty much like it too. 20190427_154502.thumb.jpg.d4d106b8615a808f6f0b9c5c783debe2.jpg

We had dinner at Chops last night. I was wondering if it would be a madhouse. It wasn't. 

I opted for the goat cheese salad, the pepper bacon, and lamb. Full of deliciousness. 

Batman was going to order the lobster bisque, but our waiter warned him it was fishy so he stuck with shrimp cocktail and the petite filet. He wasn't as excited about dinner as I was. 

After dinner, we went back to the pub where things start to get a little fuzzy. 

With no internet, I didn't bring my phone. A disappointment for all of us. It was a missed PUI opportunity. 

This is the remnants of our previous evening. 

20190428_103027.thumb.jpg.1b211292df0b8ab095f0fe6ac4b25dce.jpg

For the Havenites following along: if there are Qtips and cotton balls in the room, I haven't found them. Luckily, I brought some.

Also, because I could not find the answer prior to our cruise, the shampoo provided does contain sulfates, so no good if your hair is chemically treated or colored. 

We are also going to have to figure out if the stair lights can be turned off... We're moving too slow to figure it out at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Derick has given us an aggressive agenda today. 

I don't see any of it happening, beyond dinner. 

I have a date in the Solarium with Hendrik Goen (83 1/4 years old). 

20190428_105839.thumb.jpg.67fe1c31f45000316933ccbeba9d7100.jpg

Mixed blessing of Star class. Great if you want to fit in everything the ship has to offer. Bad if you want some extended down time. Good thing is everything can be highly flexible within reason.

21 minutes ago, SweetPea said:

Also, because I could not find the answer prior to our cruise, the shampoo provided does contain sulfates, so no good if your hair is chemically treated or colored

My wife actually went to L’Occitane before our last cruise to see if the shampoo was color safe. Was quite disappointed when she found out it wasn’t and would have to bring her own. 

2 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Ok folks. The internet started petering out not long after sail away and was still down when we went to the 6:30 show. I didn't wind up trying again till this morning. 

This was the drink we tried. It smelled like Cotton Candy and looked like it. It tasted pretty much like it too. 20190427_154502.thumb.jpg.d4d106b8615a808f6f0b9c5c783debe2.jpg

Seems rather intentional that the premium cocktails are $13. Just enough to not be included in the drink package, right? With all the rest included, I’d have a hard time choosing to pay extra. But they do make it so darn tempting, don’t they? 

6 minutes ago, Karannk said:

Seems rather intentional that the premium cocktails are $13. Just enough to not be included in the drink package, right? With all the rest included, I’d have a hard time choosing to pay extra. But they do make it so darn tempting, don’t they? 

On the Quantum (and Oasis) class ships, the drink package covers everything up to $13. So those premium cocktails are indeed included. You'll also find that most regular cocktails around the ship are $13.

17 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

On the Quantum (and Oasis) class ships, the drink package covers everything up to $13. So those premium cocktails are indeed included. You'll also find that most regular cocktails around the ship are $13.

Awesome! This will be our first sailing on Royal Caribbean - as well as Star class - in January 2020, so there is a lot to learn! Even more to look forward to! ?

4 hours ago, SweetPea said:

Which bar did this come from? Or was it from the star class bar cart?