Virtual stateroom tours

4 minutes ago, WannaCruise said:

Very neat.  Thanks for sharing.  Guessing they'll eventually roll out the view to other bookings.

It is. Especially when you start playing around with it, certain taps will highlight special features of the stateroom and you can move around in it much like Google street view.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is a feature that they used to have years ago.  I remember being able to do a virtual tour of the 2 BR ATS when they first came out.  Then they "upgraded" the website and that feature went poof !  I guess they've finally brought it back.

You can count on Royal IT to keep moving forward! 

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is a feature that they used to have years ago.  I remember being able to do a virtual tour of the 2 BR ATS when they first came out.  Then they "upgraded" the website and that feature went poof !  I guess they've finally brought it back.

Why get rid of a very useful tool? NCL has this in some categories mostly lots of pictures. Which RC doesn't have. But hopefully every ship will get this.

34 minutes ago, briankeith513 said:

Can you do the virtual stateroom tour of the cabin your specifically booked?  Or can you only do it for cabins BEFORE booking?

\

Last night when I went through it, you could do a virtual tour of an inside cabin, ocean view, Central Park, balcony, JS, GS, and OS.

41 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wish they’d bring them back for Oasis. The only videos of the 2 BR ATS on YouTube aren’t very good and don’t do a good job showing the room. 

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Last night when I went through it, you could do a virtual tour of an inside cabin, ocean view, Central Park, balcony, JS, GS, and OS.

Hmm, I could only find suite VR tours on Symphony

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Hmm, I could only find suite VR tours on Symphony

Would you believe it if I told you Royal's site is messed up?? 

After I told you about it, I could no longer bring up any virtual tours at all on SY.  I tried everything, clearing browser history, using different browsers etc.  The only way I could view it was through the links that you posted on your blog post.  Then early this morning, while doing my price checks, I was able to bring it up again, but only on my iphone.  Not my laptop.  Now nothing again.  If I can catch it again on the non-suite classes, I will screen shot and save the links for you.

50 minutes ago, Hoski said:

Okay I'm completely confused, how do you get to where the virtual tours are?  Do you go through plan a cruise or somewhere else?

Yep, exactly - pick a Symphony sailing (I picked one farther out so that the suites weren't sold out and not showing up).  Oddly, there are zero virtual tours showing up now for me, even though they were earlier. Or not so oddly, since it happened to others.

8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Yep, exactly - pick a Symphony sailing (I picked one farther out so that the suites weren't sold out and not showing up).  Oddly, there are zero virtual tours showing up now for me, even though they were earlier. Or not so oddly, since it happened to others.

Lol. Same.  Took those screen shots yesterday and now this morning, nothing.  What do you expect?  It's Royal IT after all. ?

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Lol. Same.  Took those screen shots yesterday and now this morning, nothing.  What do you expect?  It's Royal IT after all. ?

It always befuddles me when companies who’s entire revenue base is tourism and capturing guests attention and dollars fail so miserably at IT. Has anyone else had the problem where you’ll start a booking as when you click through it just kicks back to the homepage?

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

Glad to know it’s not just me. At first I thought it was just mobile safari, but it’ll do it on Desktop Chrome as well. 

It has happened to me on Google Chrome on my iPhone.  I don't recall it happening when I use Chrome on my laptop.  I usually never use Safari so I cannot comment on that.