Flat Irons

analp38

I think we need to be careful with our nomenclature. In the very recent past, a flat iron was used for ironing clothes. It had nothing to do with hair (unless you put you head on an ironing board). The famous "flatiron building" in New York was named such because it resembled the shape of a flat iron.

21 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

I think we need to be careful with our nomenclature. In the very recent past, a flat iron was used for ironing clothes. It had nothing to do with hair (unless you put you head on an ironing board). The famous "flatiron building" in New York was named such because it resembled the shape of a flat iron.

True, but that's literally what they are marketed as, so that's what people call them.

1 hour ago, VinceC said:

Don't they supply a Hair Dryer?

Yes, it is they typical hair dryer found in a hotel.  If you have long or thick hair, you should bring your own.  

1 hour ago, stevendom57 said:

If you do a google search for flat iron, the only results that come up on my main page are for hair.  

On 4/17/2019 at 10:04 PM, melski94 said:

If you have long or thick hair, you should bring your own.  

Unless you're bringing a UK hairdryer - the difference in voltage means the one in the room will actually be more powerful. 

Similar for 'straighteners' as us Brits call them - UK ones don't get hot enough to work very well. I've invested in a pair from the US for travel purposes. The difference it makes to my getting-ready-for-dinner stress levels is well worth the expense IMHO ?

• 3 years later...

Where are you supposed to pack hair straightener? We’ve been on a cruise before the first time they took it because I packed it in the wrong bag, I got it right the second time but that was awhile ago and I don’t remember which bag it’s SUPPOSED to be in and I can’t remember if I packed in luggage and it was supposed to be in carry-on or vice vera it was in my carry-on and should have been in my suitcase… does anyone know for sure with Royal Caribbean which way it’s SUPPOSED to be? 

1 hour ago, MsMiller said:

Where are you supposed to pack hair straightener? We’ve been on a cruise before the first time they took it because I packed it in the wrong bag, I got it right the second time but that was awhile ago and I don’t remember which bag it’s SUPPOSED to be in and I can’t remember if I packed in luggage and it was supposed to be in carry-on or vice vera it was in my carry-on and should have been in my suitcase… does anyone know for sure with Royal Caribbean which way it’s SUPPOSED to be? 

It doesn't matter. Hair straighteners are allowed in either carry-on or checked bags with Royal.