Royal App

It should be right around the 90 day mark. Keep in mind that when it goes “live” with cruise details, it will be populated with sample activities that might be different from the ones on your exact sailing. You’ll see an activity that mentions they are finalizing their schedule. 

73FADD4F-E520-42A2-B4C6-E093C2BF5A4A.thumb.jpeg.842ab86aa40494c5773a486a333eb56b.jpeg

6 hours ago, spiralqueen said:

It should be right around the 90 day mark. Keep in mind that when it goes “live” with cruise details, it will be populated with sample activities that might be different from the ones on your exact sailing. You’ll see an activity that mentions they are finalizing their schedule. 

73FADD4F-E520-42A2-B4C6-E093C2BF5A4A.thumb.jpeg.842ab86aa40494c5773a486a333eb56b.jpeg

I thought I read somewhere that you can communicate with others in your party through the app with a messenger like function.  Is that so?

1 minute ago, VinceC said:

I thought I read somewhere that you can communicate with others in your party through the app with a messenger like function.  Is that so?

You can on the ships that support it though it doesn't have push notifications so you have to open up the app to see if there are any new messages. Right now it is only on Allure and Harmony, though they are supposed to be expanding it to other ships at some point in the vaguely near future. Since my sailing that I screencapped is on Allure, when I am connected to the ship wifi (even if I haven't bought Voom) then I can tap on the little speech bubble with the ellipses in the upper right hand corner to launch the chat feature. Tapping that now just tells me that I can use it once connected to their wifi. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ReyRod said:

I'm less then 60 days away and mine still doesn't get past that "please check later" option. Thinking its somewhere closer to 3-40 days out. Anyone know?

Did you Check-In yet.  It may not populate if you haven't put all of your information in to check in.  Just a thought, I may be wrong.

If you scroll down to the bottom and click the "Get more details on ships we support"  you will get a listing of ships.  Select the ship for your cruise and it will show future sail dates that you can use.  It seems like you have to be within a certain number of cruises of your sailing.  For example, Mariner cruises only lists through July 5 but Harmony is through August 18 since Mariner is doing two cruises per week and Harmony only once a week.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:42 AM, spiralqueen said:

It should be right around the 90 day mark.

We are at 55 days out for our cruise and it's still just showing "We've found your reservation, please check back for cruise detail closer to departure".

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, spursfreak21 said:

Anyone having issues with the app recently? Now my cruise isn’t showing and when I try to enter the cruise details it doesn’t work. Just started a few days ago.

Give it some time. It usually clears up in a matter of hours.

I am at 91 days on the countdown clock, and I just noticed my sailing went live today. I'm taking it all with a grain of salt - especially since one of the days lists excursions for a port which isn't on our itinerary. ?  They do list a WWF Turtle fundraiser walk that my sea turtle obsessed daughter is hoping will really be on the ship. I'm really excited to see all the menus for the MDR in one place without having to dig. I've been drooling over you tube videos of Windjammer and MDR food for months in preparation!

17 hours ago, DDaley said:

Is there any value to downloading the Royal app if your ship is not yet supported? Maybe for fleet wide menus? 

I'd say until you sail on a ship that supports it, there is no point in getting it. Other than saving yourself a step down the line.