SPECIALTY DINING AND RESERVATIONS

PattyO

Hi all,

First time cruising with RCL. When we booked our cruise we received 2 complimentary Specialty Dining dinners and 2 complimentary lunches at any place of our choice. We cannot reserve through Cruise Planner as now we have been told we cannot make the reservation until onboard.  Will we have a problem getting a reservation at a specialty restaurant while on board?  We are cruising on Harmony Of The Seas and enjoyed getting the perk but don't want a hassle trying to redeem this free dinner....

Thank you!

When I get a free specialty dinner from my travel agent, or even on board credit from my travel agent, it is only available on board.  

When you first board I would suggest you visit the kiosk or table they have setup for specialty dining or visit any specialty restaurant.  You should be able to make reservations there.  If you do this soon after boarding versus waiting until the night you wish to dine you will have better choices of venues and times.  Make sure to tell them you have a complimentary dinner for booking.

Be aware that travel agent specialty dinners do have some restrictions and might not be redeemed at all specialty restaurants on board.  This can vary ship to ship and cruise to cruise depending on how well bookings are selling out for a particular restaurant.

Rarely is this a hassle and no different than if you purchase a dining package.  Dining packages also require on-board reservation and sometimes have restaurant restrictions.  If you have any issues make sure you contact your travel agent or whomever granted you the complimentary meals, the crew on board won't know how to solve any issues you have.  If you do this soon after boarding your cell phone should still work in port. 

Hi Patty!

Was this a perk through an online website/ travel agent?

If so you should have no issues. Bring your printed documentation (email, etc..) as proof and head to either a specialty dining venue or the table they have setup (usually in the promenade) to make your reservations. Usually these are already applied to your account but having the paper is a good backup. There will probably be limitations (first two nights perhaps or not eligible for certain restaurants) but they should be able to tell you this if it's not already specified in your documentation. 

If you go right after you board there should be availability for just about any time at any restaurant. Plus if you have any issues you'll have cell service to call/email your agent.