Facial Recognition

FManke

These things in terminal A were amazing!  Literally from the time we walked (dinged) off the ship until we were in the completely unorganized pickoff/dropoff area was < 5 minutes.  They had so many of these machines that there was no wait and they were very efficient.  They recommend you have your passport out and ready in case it doesnt recognize you but in my case being 6'9" i just slouched a little bit so it would pick up my face and off i went.

2/2 failure for me with them.  However, I've lost substantial weight since my passport photo was taken which may have something to do with it.  

The line for those who have to show passports isn't long since so many people get to bypass it with the facial recognition.  It only took me a few minutes longer than my travel partner to get through.

When I disembarked in Miami in Feb I really had no idea what to do, as it had been so long since I'd been on any cruise.  I only had one carry on, there was nobody directing anyone where to go, and, for some reason, I happened to just get off at a time where there was nobody in front of me to follow.  I just sort of followed my instincts and walked in the direction that made sense.  Eventually, I saw the 2 employees standing near this contraption - they motioned me over, signaled to me to take off my hat and look at it, and then waved me off.  They seriously said no words to me, I didn't even know what they were doing!  I kept looking for the customs agent to show my passport to, so I just kept wandering toward the exit doors.  Since I didn't see anyone, I walked out of the doors, half expecting some official to tackle me on the way out for not going through customs. It wasn't until I'd read the message boards later that I realized what had happened.  

The entire confusing (to me) process took less than 5 minutes from the gangway to curb. Terminal A has permanently spoiled me forever.

Did it a few weeks ago, and I was very impressed!  Fastest and easiest disembarkation yet!  There was a line of about 50 in front of us and the line literally NEVER stopped moving in NJ, we were through the line and driving out of the parking garage in about 15 minutes at the absolute MOST!  You spend maybe 5 seconds staring at the screen before they let you through and you are done!  

36 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I wonder how it works with bots ? Lulubot...aka @Lovetocruise2002 please tell us how this works...or does it?

I would say that I am deferring this question to Master Bot but he has already answered. ?

34 minutes ago, twangster said:

A good bot is way ahead...  pre-cleared before the ship hits the dock.