Old San Juan before flight home - is this tour doable?

NJCruisers

In a perfect world we would have been able to enjoy more time in San Juan, but that's not the case.  We will arrive the afternoon before the cruise and plan to enjoy the beach at our hotel in Condando.  Our return flight is at 3:13pm.  I am interested in doing the RC San Juan on your own w/airport drop-off because it takes care of our luggage and gets us back to the airport, but it states our flights must be 3:30 or later.  Will the 15 minutes make much difference?  Here's the link from cruise planner:  Can I book it?

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner/category/1002/product/100000003328024419

I hope you have a nice beach at Condado.  One of the times we stayed in Condado all we had was a rocky outcropping (it was beautiful though !).  We are leaving for SJ on April 27 and this time we are staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan.  It will be our first time to stay in OSJ.

I wouldn't worry about it.  If they tell you to book 3:30 or later and you are booked at 3:15 I would say you're golden !

Assuming you still have to handle your luggage at the airport, the first thing you want to do when you get there is to run it through the agricultural scanners immediately to the right and left of the doors where you enter the airport.  Lots of people skip this, and then are turned back when they try to check in.  They'll put little stickers on your luggage to indicate they've been scanned.

39 minutes ago, bcarney said:

Assuming you still have to handle your luggage at the airport, the first thing you want to do when you get there is to run it through the agricultural scanners immediately to the right and left of the doors where you enter the airport.  Lots of people skip this, and then are turned back when they try to check in.  They'll put little stickers on your luggage to indicate they've been scanned.

Guilty !

4 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I hope you have a nice beach at Condado.  One of the times we stayed in Condado all we had was a rocky outcropping (it was beautiful though !).  We are leaving for SJ on April 27 and this time we are staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan.  It will be our first time to stay in OSJ.

I wouldn't worry about it.  If they tell you to book 3:30 or later and you are booked at 3:15 I would say you're golden !

We are staying at the Hilton Condando Plaza - I got a great Ocean view room for free with my Hilton Honors points.  Also, I need to medicate to fly & it just knocks me out so just being able to sit on a lounge on the sand will be enough for me.  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

You might want to find an airline that has a flight at 3:31pm in case you need too supply the flight number.  

I went ahead and booked it figuring it's only $29 each and I can cancel if necessary.  I didn't have to enter flight info - not sure if I will have to do that later.  I'll claim old age and tell them I thought 3:13 was 3:31!

3 hours ago, bcarney said:

Yup. I have that written down in my tips I've found on here.  I definitely don't plan on cutting it close. By the time we take cabs back and forth and store our luggage somewhere the RC excursion price was reasonable.