Gold Member Benefits

Hello! I recently found this site and all the info is awesome!

My wife and I are thinking of booking a cruise and I was perusing the Crown & Anchor benefits site (My wife and cruised a few years ago, so we are gold members) and I saw that under the Gold Members it lists the following:

-Priority Check In

-Private departure lounge with Continental Breakfast

Does anyone have experience with these benefits? Will I receive information about this if I book? What exactly is priority check in? Is this "departure lounge" on the ship? I would be sailing out of Galveston, likely on a 4-5 night cruise.

Thanks!

Welcome to the message boards!

At check in you will see signs directing you to a queue based on your Gold status.  Each port doesn't this differently based on the numbers and size of the terminal.  Just look for Gold signs and show you SetSail pass and they will direct you to the right queue.  That is after security.  Prior to security everyone is pretty much the same at most terminals.

Close to the end of the cruise your cabin attendant will drop off a departure letter and luggage tags.  They will be numbered based on your gold status.   The departure letter will offer which area to go to based on your luggage tags.  Here is a departure letter from Liberty in Galveston last year as an example:

Liberty Departure Letter.pdf

Your ship may be slightly different.  If there are any questions you can ask the loyalty ambassador on board about your gold benefits.

Welcome to the boards @spursfreak21

1 hour ago, spursfreak21 said:

Priority Check In

When you arrive at the cruise terminal, look for, signs at check-in for Gold members (in lieu of general guests). This is a line for you and other people that have cruised RC before. You should encounter a shorter wait.

1 hour ago, spursfreak21 said:

Private departure lounge with Continental Breakfast

On the last morning of your cruise, there is an area for you to go to that will be less crowded than public areas of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JennyB said:

never knew about this LOL  this will be our 4th cruise.

"Private departure lounge with continental breakfast "

On the O class ships it is usually in Dazzle's but on the other classes I don't remember, there should actually be something in the documentation provided in your room towards the end of the cruise. 

• 8 months later...

Hello, i'm going on my first cruise in Nov 2020. Just stumbled across this blog and youtube channel. Love everything about it, thank you! I have a questions for gold member benefit, since this is a gold member benefit, if only some members in the party has gold status and others don't, does that mean only the person with gold status can use it? Example: It's my first cruise so i'm "pre-gold" status, however my boyfriend has been on a few cruises before and he is "gold" status. So only he gets the priority check in and private departure lounge? 

1 hour ago, AnnieBanannie said:

Hello, i'm going on my first cruise in Nov 2020. Just stumbled across this blog and youtube channel. Love everything about it, thank you! I have a questions for gold member benefit, since this is a gold member benefit, if only some members in the party has gold status and others don't, does that mean only the person with gold status can use it? Example: It's my first cruise so i'm "pre-gold" status, however my boyfriend has been on a few cruises before and he is "gold" status. So only he gets the priority check in and private departure lounge? 

Welcome to the blog, Annie !

Yes, persons can only use the perks to which they are entitled, based on their own C&A status.  HOWEVER, "couples" and children can be status matched to their parents or significant other as long as they share the same address.  So, if you and your BF share the same address, you can have him link your C&A account to his, thereby bestowing Gold status to you.  Most likely this can only be done after you have completed 1 cruise, but after your first cruise, you can get a status match if you meet the criteria.

23 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Welcome to the blog, Annie !

Yes, persons can only use the perks to which they are entitled, based on their own C&A status.  HOWEVER, "couples" and children can be status matched to their parents or significant other as long as they share the same address.  So, if you and your BF share the same address, you can have him link your C&A account to his, thereby bestowing Gold status to you.  Most likely this can only be done after you have completed 1 cruise, but after your first cruise, you can get a status match if you meet the criteria.

Thank you! How would I go about getting a status match? 

43 minutes ago, AnnieBanannie said:

Thank you! How would I go about getting a status match? 

Your boyfriend will  have to call Royal directly to do this since your status will be matched to his.

Call 800-526-9723.  Royal Caribbean will need both Crown & Anchor numbers.  

It's pretty simple but it has to be done directly with them.

Good luck !!!

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Judith poler said:

What benefits am I eligible for as a gold level.  I am cruising g again in sept 2022 from Rome to greece?

@Judith poler Here is the CA Levels and the Benefits associated with each Tier.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/countries/crown-and-anchor/pdf/CAS-member-grid.pdf

CAS-member-grid.pdf

• 3 months later...

Hi,My daughter and I are cruising on September 4 th. It's my 4 th trip! Other three cruises were with my husband. Our daughter has the same address as me. Our 1 st cruise was East\West Med- 15 nights. Other two cruises were Norwegian Fjords and Stockholm to St Petersburg. 

We are classified as Good Crown and Anchor status. Should we be at Premium level? 

Many thanks,in advance!