Dining

Flojo

It depends, I find that the MDR and all of the free food options are enough for our family. 

Remember any of the specialty dining options will he around 2 hours long.  As far as my wife is concerned that's time away from her picture fetish. Yes she is Asian and fits the stereo type to a T. My daughter even asked her to stay home so she and daddy can have fun instead of taking pictures all the time. 

I'd suggest you avoid the dining packages and see how the included dining venues work for your needs.  I often cruise without any extra charge dining.  

If you have cruised often and want to explore specialty dining venues then a pre-cruise dining package can be a great to try them at a reduced cost but that may mean needing some flexibility in venue and times.   

If it's a special occasion and you really want a specific restaurant on a specific date and time then paying full price without a dining package will ensure you get exactly what you want. 

On 4/14/2019 at 5:50 PM, Flojo said:

Should I pre-booked or buy dining package

For US, it depends on the length of our cruise.  On our 3-4 night cruises, we don't do specialty dining. 

On our "longer" cruises, we have done the BOGO dining if it's available.

But honestly, the MDR is great food (IMO) and there is more than enough and we've never left unsatisfied.  Also, the Windjammer is a great option for those who like buffets. 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I've read that some people are finding that BOGO is not being offered.  Hopefully it's not going away as a consequence of the new UDP

Not sure about that for our cruise yet. Too far out. Will stay tuned for more info.

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I've read that some people are finding that BOGO is not being offered.  Hopefully it's not going away as a consequence of the new UDP

It disappeared from my cruise planner two days ago. Now only shows UDP and 3-night package. 

On 4/19/2019 at 11:15 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

It's available at this point for our July Navigator cruise and our November Harmony cruise. 

It's definitely a personal preference.  We aren't booking any specialty dining - but we haven't cruised in years.  I guess an exception would be Sabor but we booked the guacamole class and it includes lunch.  

I know some people say it's a must, but then again some people love Olive Garden, so it's all subjective.  :10_wink: