When does RC announce their Alaska cruises for the following year?

RWilkes

Hi all. I'm planning on treating my favorite aunt to an Alaska cruise in May 2017. As I'd like to book the cruise as early as possible, I'd like to know when Royal Caribbean will announce their Alaska cruise schedule for 2017. When do they usually announce their Alaska cruises for the following year?

Generally, Royal Caribbean releases their next schedule update during the spring. Looking at this page as a reference, the Alaska itineraries for 2016 were released during the week of March 16, 2015.

I'd guess that sometime in mid-March 2016 is a rough time when you'll be able to find the schedule for 2017. Keep an eye on this site early next year for information about when the schedule is expected to be released.

It will definitely be after the first of the year. I also think that Alaska is often released later than other itineraries as the cruise lines compete to get permits to enter Glacier Bay, which alters the published itinerary slightly and can change the costs of the cruise.