Drink Card

41m33

We're hoping the mystical drink card shows up on our next cruise but I have a couple questions if anyone can help. First, I believe the common cost is $85 for 10 drinks. Does this include an 18% gratuity or will that be added on? Also, is there a limit to how many cards a person can purchase?

The price displayed on board is subject to an additional 18%.  If the price displayed is $79 then it become $93.22.

Like the DX drink package, drinks up to $12 are included and anything over $12 is charged only the difference.  A $14 glass of wine would have a $2 overage plus 18% for a bill of $2.36.

The drink cards are often not available until the last few days of the cruise.  On a 7 night cruise I've seen them appear on the afternoon of Day 6 meaning you have part of day 6 and all of day 7 to use them (you debark on the morning of day 8).  For this reason the drink card often isn't appealing to me since you have very limited time to use it.  

You can share a drink card.  You and your partner/buddy/new best friend can each get a drink from a drink card and use two of the ten drinks.  DX drink packages cannot be shared.  

17 hours ago, twangster said:

The drink cards are often not available until the last few days of the cruise.  On a 7 night cruise I've seen them appear on the afternoon of Day 6 meaning you have part of day 6 and all of day 7 to use them (you debark on the morning of day 8).  For this reason the drink card often isn't appealing to me since you have very limited time to use it. 

On my last 7 day on Rhapsody they appeared on day 4, and the bartender indicated that was the usual day they've been released.