OVATION Repo Concierge Lounge Access

Dodger

Hi, I am new here, and am travelling next Wednesday to HNL via Tahetti. This is the first to the US for this ship and they will dock for an extra night in HNL, so inspections can be done by the authorities. Really looking forward to the cruise, however I have a question about access to the Concierge Lounge. RCI have sent an Email saying that this area reserved for Suites and Pinnacle, with D+, and D in the Music Hall for the happy hour event. This is probably OK, as there are normally high numbers of C and A guys on board. But, they do not say if the lounge is available to D+ at other times. If not, it is a pity as this lounge is great for a quiet spot during the day. Has any one else got an idea about this one ?

On other ships with a Concierge Lounge access is controlled by your card but they police Diamond Plus by the Concierge who is present to check cabin numbers.  Your card will open the door but then you’ll be told to leave.

They do so when they are present in the morning as well as during happy hours.  You might be able to slip in when they aren’t present but it’s not unusual to have come around and ask guests who are seated.  

The enforcement varies by ship and Concierge but typically they don’t reprogram the door lock.   

I recently sailed Vision of the Seas which still has a Concierge Lounge.  When the right numbers are low, they allow D+ into the lounge.  I asked the Concierge about it and he indicated I was okay for my cruise but the week before he had to deny D+ access to the Concierge Lounge.

I didn't ask specifically about happy hours but it's hard for them to allow someone in at say 3pm then kick them out at 4:30pm.  I suspect it's just easier to ban them for the cruise.  

I've booked a transatlantic on Anthem which will likely also see the D+ ban for that cruise like yours.

Dodger,  that cruise is on the Ovation.  It does not have a concierge lounge.  It has a Suites lounge for Suites/Pinnacle only.  I think that is what is causing the confusion.   They have opened more areas for the high number of D/D+ To help with crowding on the TransPacific cruise since there are such a high number.  

Interesting. I didn’t realize that Ovation is different from the other Q class ships.  I guess I thought they all still had only Concierge lounges and not a Suites Lounge. Honestly, this is one thing I would welcome on the Q Class is a Suites Lounge. But right now, most of them still have Concierge only.

Thanks everyone. This is our 5th cruise on Ovation, and the Concierge lounge has always been open to D+, plus of course Suites and Pinnacle, so this time it is different, brought about by the high numbers of C and A. Probably just a sign of the times, however still happy that they are giving us both levels of the Music Hall for Happy hour. We just need to find another quiet spot for our mid morning relax.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Thanks everyone. This is our 5th cruise on Ovation, and the Concierge lounge has always been open to D+, plus of course Suites and Pinnacle, so this time it is different, brought about by the high numbers of C and A. Probably just a sign of the times, however still happy that they are giving us both levels of the Music Hall for Happy hour. We just need to find another quiet spot for our mid morning relax.

It is a sign of the times.  As ships get refreshed they lose the Concierge Lounge and gain a Suite Lounge.  Liberty, Indy, Adventure, Mariner, Navigator and so on.  It will be interesting to see how Radiance makes out in her refresh before heading to Brisbane.  Other Radiance class have retained the Concierge Lounge so far.  

On Vision class they adjust based on numbers on a cruise by cruise basis.  Pretty soon they'll just place masking tape over the Concierge Lounge name and write "Suite Lounge" in magic marker.  Too many Diamond Plus.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We will be Diamond + on our upcoming cruise. Last cruise on August 1st 2019 loyalty ambassador told us that they plan to change all Concierge Liunges to Suite lounges and Change all Diamond liunges to Diamond + lounges. Diamond members will get 2 or 3 free drinks coupons per day to be use at any bar but no entrance to Diamond + lounges. If accurate it really sucks!!

2 hours ago, David Turkel said:

We will be Diamond + on our upcoming cruise. Last cruise on August 1st 2019 loyalty ambassador told us that they plan to change all Concierge Liunges to Suite lounges and Change all Diamond liunges to Diamond + lounges. Diamond members will get 2 or 3 free drinks coupons per day to be use at any bar but no entrance to Diamond + lounges. If accurate it really sucks!!

2 years ago a loyalty ambassador forecast big changes in the coming months.  BIG!   

2 years later nothing.  

The Crown & Anchor Society is a very successful program.  Change is always possible but I stopped listening to rumors and prognosticators a long time ago. 

Enjoy D+.  Great accomplishment.  Not a huge bump over D but that’s why it doesn’t have its own name. It D plus a few things.