Best Promenade View on Voyager Class?

I'd do deck 7 or deck 8. Deck six is louder as it's closer to the promenade level. Deck 8 does have some lights that will very slightly block your view, but they do lean into the promenade so you can lean against the glass and see better directly below you.  Here is a good picture to demonstrate.  

If you're towards the middle then you can look either direction. I would also stay away from any room that are on the end or don't have a room on both sides (7263, 7275, 7283, etc..) as there are walkways that jut out that can block part of your view. Also, the bridge is between 7275 and 7283 and that's where the cruise staff will host the parties and parades from. 

37 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I was on deck 6 and heard almost no noise BUT I had a room above Guest Services.  The crowd stayed forward of that area. 

Good point! The aft end isn't as noisy as the forward rooms. Sorrento's area can get noisy and they usually put the "sales" towards that end too. 

We stayed in 7279 on Navigator this past November. This room is in the centre but right opposite the pub and we found it could be quite noisy at night, with live music playing until after midnight, so that's something to bear in mind if it might disturb you.

The photos show the view from the window.

20181123_190739.jpg

20181123_190723.jpg

20181123_190657.jpg

7 minutes ago, FManke said:

This may be a silly question, but for those of you that have a had a Promenade view vs and inside cabin, does it make that big of a difference and is it worth the additional money?

You get a bid more living space in the Promenade Room and having a view of something is better than a view of nothing, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I was on deck 6 and heard almost no noise BUT I had a room above Guest Services.  The crowd stayed forward of that area. 

My kids were is same room, right above guest services, and it was very quiet at night.  We were right across hall in an ocean balcony.  

7 hours ago, FManke said:

What about the virtual balconies? Same thing?

A couple we met on Navigator sailed in one of these. They said it's like a big tv turned on its side. They weren't particularly enamoured with it. They turned it off at night because they found it disturbed them. I have not sailed in one myself so can't give any first-hand impressions. 

9 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Ditto.  We like a promenade room as it's a great alternative to an interior (for similar price) but you get a window and extra sitting area.

This is our philosophy too. We will usually pick the cheaper option between a promenade cabin and an ocean view cabin. I have never sailed in a "proper" interior because I think it might feel like being in a big cupboard. 

• 2 weeks later...