Unlimited Dining Package or Ultimate Dining Package

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, you definitely will get an email from the Suites concierge (probably 5 days before you sail) if you are in Sky Class.  If you decide that you want to do Chops, just ask the Concierge to make a reservation for you for embarkation day.  ....and CK as a backup in case things go awry is not a bad option !

Additionally, you may also want to ask the Concierge to make your dinner reservations for the first night.  I always ask the Concierge to make lunch reservations and dinner reservations for the first night so that I at least know where I will be going that first day/night.  Once onboard you can make the reservations for the rest of the dinners.

Thank you for confirming that!! I'll definitely follow your advice!! 

• 1 month later...
On 5/22/2019 at 5:25 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Here's a question (I might just ask this on Royal's Facebook page for kicks).  You have the Unlimited Dining Package. For some odd reason (I don't know, maybe you make friends on the cruise, you want to all have dinner together, they don't want to put out for specialty, whatever - weirder things have happened), you're going to have dinner MDR. Would the Unlimited Dining Package cover the Premium Selections (Whole Main Lobster, etc, from the bottom of the menu)?

Great question. Did you find out an answer? Also can you go to the MDR and get food from a speciality restaurant? I'm going will a group and that would/could work because not all are going to SR.

6 hours ago, Pippa_OceanTime said:

Also can you go to the MDR and get food from a speciality restaurant? I'm going will a group and that would/could work because not all are going to SR.

Nope..the logistics of this won't fly.  The only thing you may be able to do is drop by a specialty restaurant and see if they will let you order to go.

Imagine the envy if you're sitting in the MDR with everyone else and in comes your specialty dinner, though!  That would be something else.

12 minutes ago, MommaMcLovin said:

I think I remember reading someone was sailing on the July 4th Anthem sailing on here that had the unlimited dining package.  Did they happen to find out if the pub ala carte menu was included in the unlimited dining package?

Tagging @tiny260.  I believe he said it was but I will let him confirm.

For those of you that have bought the ultimate and or unlimited dining packages, have you also purchased a drink package?

What do you think is the % of people who buy the unlimited or ultimate dining packages and one of the drink packages?

Do you think RC will ever sell an combo unlimited drink and dining option that stands on it's own and not attached via a suite or cabin class? 

15 minutes ago, FManke said:

For those of you that have bought the ultimate and or unlimited dining packages, have you also purchased a drink package?

What do you think is the % of people who buy the unlimited or ultimate dining packages and one of the drink packages?

Do you think RC will ever sell an combo unlimited drink and dining option that stands on it's own and not attached via a suite or cabin class? 

I'd love to see a trifecta type package at a discounted rate. Unlimited Dining, DX, and Voom. 

Only catch I could see is those in Sky class having to pay for Voom again. Maybe have an offer where the Voom code could be turned in for some OBC. Plus the other catch might be those that want the DX exemption.

35 minutes ago, MommaMcLovin said:

I think I remember reading someone was sailing on the July 4th Anthem sailing on here that had the unlimited dining package.  Did they happen to find out if the pub ala carte menu was included in the unlimited dining package?

Thanks @Lovetocruise2002 , yes @MommaMcLovin , after some heated discussion with the pub Manager they agreed to cover food on the unlimited, just make sure you bring it up to the waiter up front when you order the food. My wife had eaten at Wonderland (Not her favorite) so was still a little hungry so she ordered nachos, I was ready to pay for them if I had to, so mainly I was trying to make a point that it truly is unlimited, I believe @CGTLH had to force the issue at Playmakers on a recent cruise also.

@twangster has pointed this out and I have also pointed it out in other threads, to make it easier on you when checking out at the end of dinning, make sure you tell your waiter up front that you have the unlimited, they don't necessarily see it when running your card through.

10 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

I believe @CGTLH had to force the issue at Playmakers on a recent cruise also.

I had great luck with Playmakers on Symphony. Only one time I ran into an issue and that was due to the person putting in the order not hearing that I had the package. The correction was taken care of quickly and refund issued.

Key thing at Playmakers making sure having the package was mentioned at ordering.

3 hours ago, MommaMcLovin said:

We were on NAV in Jun/July and the food at Playmakers was included.  Not sure about the food in the pub on Anthem but I would be very surprised if it is not included.

3 hours ago, FManke said:

When Dan was still drinking alcohol we always purchased both the UDP and the DBP.  Now that he is not drinking alcohol, we are dropping the DBP but will continue to get the UDP. I loved having both, even though I know for SURE that we did not save any money with the DBP.  It was more for the convenience of having the option to eat or drink anything I wanted at any time that appealed to me.  Now I have to think about what I'm drinking even though I certainly still order anything I want...it's just that the carefree aspect is gone.

There was a very short time about a year or so ago that they DID have an unlimited food and beverage package.  It didn't last long at ALL.  PRobably lasted no more than a couple of weeks, if that.  It is now long gone and there has been no mention of why it disappeared or ever bringing it back.  To bad, really.  I would have thought that it would be a big seller.