Unlimited Dining Package or Ultimate Dining Package

On 4/11/2019 at 2:48 PM, twangster said:

Pull trigger while you can while you learn more about the new plan.  If you want to swap to Unlimited you can but once Ultimate goes away, it's gone.

This is assuming they don't just convert purchased Ultimate plans to Unlimited anyways.   

Per your assumption, I received an email today implying that our Ultimate Dining Packages were converted to Unlimited Dining Packages.

From my email:

'Thanks for booking the Ultimate Dining Package for your upcoming cruise. We wanted to let you know about some recent enhancements we’ve made to this package!

First things first, the Ultimate Dining Package is now known as the Unlimited Dining Package, and it’s just that, unlimited. Now, you can dine at any of our specialty dining venues for lunch and dinner, and as many times as you want! Your appetite is the limit. Some other great benefits include:

• Discounts on bottles of wine! 40% off of bottles under $100 USD and 20% off of bottles over $100 USD. You thirsty yet? Note: Discount only applies when dining on your using your package.
  • Savings on exclusive dinging experiences: 20% off when booking Chef’s Table and any Culinary Experiences onboard.
  • Plus, now Playmakers (available on select ships) has been added to the line-up of venues. You’ll get a $35 credit to use since this venue is a la carte.'

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

So it's not covered under the ultimate Dining Plan, which can only be purchased on the cruise planner. This doesn't make sense.

Yes...of course in Royal fashion it's still as confusing as ever.  They throw us a bone with the confirmation of Playmakers, but while they had been saying hibachi was covered in the Unlimited plan, this new message doesn't mention it.  It was never covered in the prior Ultimate plan, but sometimes the restaurant would allow it.  But it's always been an ask onboard thing.

But if they consider the hibachi a "dinging experience" or a "Culinary Experience" then you would get the 20% discount on it when you book it onboard as the latest letter states. I'd imagine the other other Culinary Experiences such as the guacamole, sushi, and cupcake classes are also 20% off..but only when you book them onboard.

Know the 20% off for booking Chef's Table onboard. I'm also going to assume the part about "Culinary Experiences" is geared towards the classes (cupcake and sushi) and the Bottomless Galley Brunch.

@Baked Alaska Personally I'd keep Izumi Hibachi booked. Once onboard I'd check and ask if it is included with the UDP. If they say yes then have them cancel the CP booking and book with the UDP. This ultimately secures a seat at the table.

On 4/29/2019 at 12:10 PM, Orange Crush said:

I just checked the cruise planner for our October trip & it's not there.  Although I did notice a couple weeks ago the old Unlimited Dining Package showed up, but I couldn't actually book it--just came up as no times available.  I don't know if they sold out or that was just something weird in the system, but doesn't look like I can get it on my sailing.  It's a short 3-dayer, so that might be a factor too.

What ship??  Majesty of the Seas did not have the package, because they did not have any specialty dining venues.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:45 PM, AGSLC5 said:

I am so sorry to tell you this.. Allure Doesn't have a Playmakers. IN fact it has no where to get Bar type food.. Now after its dry dock in 2020 the rumor is it will get playmakers but sounds like you will be on before then.. 

It has an English Pub, but, I guess, there is no food in the pub.  You do have Sabor's, which is a Mexican place..  Good place to spend your a la carte UDP dollars!

17 minutes ago, MrBill said:

It has an English Pub, but, I guess, there is no food in the pub.  You do have Sabor's, which is a Mexican place..  Good place to spend your a la carte UDP dollars!

Sabor is fixed price now. Correct about no pub food, only a Quantum class thing.

On 5/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, MrBill said:

What ship??  Majesty of the Seas did not have the package, because they did not have any specialty dining venues.

Mariner.  Which has Izumi, Chops, Jamie's & Playmakers.

I just looked again today and it's there for $76 per person (whole cruise, not per day).  I was able to book it this time.

1 hour ago, Orange Crush said:

Mariner.  Which has Izumi, Chops, Jamie's & Playmakers.

I just looked again today and it's there for $76 per person (whole cruise, not per day).  I was able to book it this time.

That is a KILLER deal for the Unlimited Dining Package.  Congrats on snagging that unreal deal!

16 hours ago, MrBill said:

That is a KILLER deal for the Unlimited Dining Package.  Congrats on snagging that unreal deal! 

Mind you, this is a 3-day trip, so it's about $25.33 per person per day.  Still a great deal though.  I think the previous "ultimate" package was around $85 per person last time I saw it, even though the system wouldn't let me book it at the time.

I'm good w/ paying less for more.  ?

On 5/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, MrMarc said:

According to their Facebook team, Izumi Hibachi and playmakers are now included.  So you can do sushi and hibachi now.  I thought I got value out of the old plan, now I will need a cart to get myself off the ship.

Also, according to RCCL support, Wonderland is now included in the Unlimited Dining Package!

Here's a question (I might just ask this on Royal's Facebook page for kicks).  You have the Unlimited Dining Package. For some odd reason (I don't know, maybe you make friends on the cruise, you want to all have dinner together, they don't want to put out for specialty, whatever - weirder things have happened), you're going to have dinner MDR. Would the Unlimited Dining Package cover the Premium Selections (Whole Main Lobster, etc, from the bottom of the menu)?

7 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Here's a question (I might just ask this on Royal's Facebook page for kicks).  You have the Unlimited Dining Package. For some odd reason (I don't know, maybe you make friends on the cruise, you want to all have dinner together, they don't want to put out for specialty, whatever - weirder things have happened), you're going to have dinner MDR. Would the Unlimited Dining Package cover the Premium Selections (Whole Main Lobster, etc, from the bottom of the menu)?

Probably not.  I know that you are still allowed to go to MTD even if you have the UDP but I doubt very seriously that any upgraded MDR options would be covered.  Just my guess...

51 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Probably not.  I know that you are still allowed to go to MTD even if you have the UDP but I doubt very seriously that any upgraded MDR options would be covered.  Just my guess...

This has been discussed before and I agree with @WAAAYTOOO , but my reference was the "Ultimate" and not the "Unlimited", so it is still a good question to ask Royal.

18 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

5 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Maybe Mr. Symphony UDP can venture into the dining room and test it for us..or at least ask?  paging @CGTLH!

Haven't forgotten about this request... just need to figure out where the MDR is.

Even with this being the second time on Symphony I've yet seen it.

36 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Love it! #notTeamMDR

Also not TeamMDR... I started cruising on Royal in 2006 and the food in the MDR was delicious then it happened Oasis came out and they released those stupid Spice Menu's. They obviously also bought inferior ingredients and the food started to go South really quickly.. Now I buy an Ultimate package for every cruise. I also don't mind. People say oh but the food is included why would you do that.. For me its simple I love Royal and I am not going to win and get them to make the MDR better so I bite the bullet and pay for the better package and I have a wonderful cruise every time.. 

On 5/22/2019 at 3:25 AM, SpeedNoodles said:

Question asked, told it wouldn't be covered.

8 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

So stupid question, with all of the dining options available for first time cruisers would you all recommend this package?  Its down to 154 on our sailing on Liberty and we are already Keyed up.

That is really such a personal kind of decision.  For anyone who is new to cruising, I say that it is wise to give the MDR a try first.  We ate in the MDR for YEARS before we ever tried our first specialty restaurant.  We just, eventually, got tired of the same menus over and over again and decided to venture out...so if you have "been there, done that" with the MDR and enjoy eating at the specialties, I'd say $154 for the UDP is an excellent price (7 nights ?).

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

That is really such a personal kind of decision.  For anyone who is new to cruising, I say that it is wise to give the MDR a try first.  We ate in the MDR for YEARS before we ever tried our first specialty restaurant.  We just, eventually, got tired of the same menus over and over again and decided to venture out...so if you have "been there, done that" with the MDR and enjoy eating at the specialties, I'd say $154 for the UDP is an excellent price (7 nights ?).

Yeah its a 7 night cruise.  We already have a lunch at Chops because we have the Key.  Since we never have been on a cruise before and you can only eat so much food I didnt want to just write the MDR off without trying it first.  I assume we can still make a reservation on the ship and just pay out of pocket if we wanted to right?  Or if we just wanted to grab a burger at JR just pay for it then?

8 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

Yeah its a 7 night cruise.  We already have a lunch at Chops because we have the Key.  Since we never have been on a cruise before and you can only eat so much food I didnt want to just write the MDR off without trying it first.  I assume we can still make a reservation on the ship and just pay out of pocket if we wanted to right?  Or if we just wanted to grab a burger at JR just pay for it then?

does your cruise offer the 3 night package? If so I would do that. That way you get to experience the MDR and some restaurants. Best of both worlds!!. Plus getting a 3 night package is much cheaper than paying out of pocket of the ship.. 

13 minutes ago, AGSLC5 said:

does your cruise offer the 3 night package? If so I would do that. That way you get to experience the MDR and some restaurants. Best of both worlds!!. Plus getting a 3 night package is much cheaper than paying out of pocket of the ship.. 

Yes they have a 3 night package I believe for 80 right now.

44 minutes ago, Yo2slick said:

Yes they have a 3 night package I believe for 80 right now.

Thats a good price.. I would take that deal.. Chops onboard by it self is $45-$50 a person.. I would buy the 3 night package and mix it up.. Honestly the MDR is just not what it used to me in my opinion the quality is just not as good. I still suggest going to it so you can judge for yourself but I would buy the 3 night package so you can mix it up and it would be fun. 

1 hour ago, 12thman said:

If you have the Unlimited do you get to eat at chops on embarkation day, same as people with the "key"? 

So far we are batting 1000 with embarkation lunch and UDP BUT I will also add that we have always had the benefit of having a Concierge or a Genie make our reservations in advance for us.  That is not to say that you would be turned away if you don’t have advanced reservations but we’ve just never tried to do it without advanced reservations.  In addition to always getting in, we have always received the “regular” lunch menu and not the more limited Key menu at Chops.

I love specialty dining on embarkation day. It is such a relief not to have to fight the crowds.

14 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So far we are batting 1000 with embarkation lunch and UDP BUT I will also add that we have always had the benefit of having a Concierge or a Genie make our reservations in advance for us.  That is not to say that you would be turned away if you don’t have advanced reservations but we’ve just never tried to do it without advanced reservations.  In addition to always getting in, we have always received the “regular” lunch menu and not the more limited Key menu at Chops.

I love specialty dining on embarkation day. It is such a relief not to have to fight the crowds.

Thank you @WAAAYTOOO I think we get concierge in Sky class? When I get my email from them I'll inquire about lunch at chops.

4 hours ago, 12thman said:

Thank you @WAAAYTOOO I think we get concierge in Sky class? When I get my email from them I'll inquire about lunch at chops.

I would definitely make sure to do that. I’ve been stalking Key experience threads and have heard stories of people walking up to Chops without the Key or a reservation being told that they can’t dine there on embarkation day for lunch. I don’t think it was on Allure that this happened, but I wouldn’t chance it - esp if you have the concierge available to you. 

5 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

I would definitely make sure to do that. I’ve been stalking Key experience threads and have heard stories of people walking up to Chops without the Key or a reservation being told that they can’t dine there on embarkation day for lunch. I don’t think it was on Allure that this happened, but I wouldn’t chance it - esp if you have the concierge available to you. 

Will do. If they let me make reservations for lunch at Chops maybe we'll do that but after reading your live blog maybe ck for lunch on embarkation day?

21 hours ago, 12thman said:

Yes, you definitely will get an email from the Suites concierge (probably 5 days before you sail) if you are in Sky Class.  If you decide that you want to do Chops, just ask the Concierge to make a reservation for you for embarkation day.  ....and CK as a backup in case things go awry is not a bad option !

Additionally, you may also want to ask the Concierge to make your dinner reservations for the first night.  I always ask the Concierge to make lunch reservations and dinner reservations for the first night so that I at least know where I will be going that first day/night.  Once onboard you can make the reservations for the rest of the dinners.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, you definitely will get an email from the Suites concierge (probably 5 days before you sail) if you are in Sky Class.  If you decide that you want to do Chops, just ask the Concierge to make a reservation for you for embarkation day.  ....and CK as a backup in case things go awry is not a bad option !

Additionally, you may also want to ask the Concierge to make your dinner reservations for the first night.  I always ask the Concierge to make lunch reservations and dinner reservations for the first night so that I at least know where I will be going that first day/night.  Once onboard you can make the reservations for the rest of the dinners.

Thanks @WAAAYTOOO for the info. Is it possible to give our suites concierge all of dinner rezi requests in our reply email? I would prefer to get that squared away.

9 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

Thanks @WAAAYTOOO for the info. Is it possible to give our suites concierge all of dinner rezi requests in our reply email? I would prefer to get that squared away.

Yes.  They can definitely take care of all of it before you ever get on board.  We never know that far ahead where we want to eat so we usually wait but sometimes we just have the Concierge make all of the reservations up front. You can always make changes as needed.