NHL Playoffs on TV?

There is a small chance that you can catch it at On-Air, but not very likely. They often don't have the channels the games are on and On-Air isn't as sports oriented as Playmakers would be. 

If you have the surf and stream package that's your best hope. The surf package won't cut it at all. I would recommend setting yourself up in a quiet lounge. The less people you have on your access point the faster your internet will be!

Go Preds!

Sometimes hockey is in the rotation of sports played on board.  ESPN Caribbean is not like ESPN in the US.  The Caribbean version often carries sports like hockey but it all depends what broadcast rights they are granted.

Royal can't "pirate" the TV satellite feed and show sports that their established channels aren't carrying already.  

Your plan B is a solid choice.  It's not unusual on any given Sunday during football season that not all games from all markets are available.  I've watched football games on an iPad for this reason.  

Ive watched games on board before...usually in "On-Air".  One time I was sailing during the finals and they played the games on the pool deck on the big screen!!  Neither was on Harmony of course, but it does happen from time to time.  I would just have a backup plan in case the series you're wanting to watch isn't available.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:29 AM, ajschraff said:

I am going on Harmony of the Seas next week during the NHL playoffs, has anyone seen NBCSN or CBC showing playoff hockey on any previous cruises at any of the bars or On-Air maybe? We have streaming for back-up but would much rather have somewhere to watch.

Thanks!

We were able to play videos in most cases on Harmony with the real Voom. So you should be able to watch along on the NBCSports or the MyTeams app. Unless you’re a penguins fan and there won’t be a game next week ? #ALLCAPS

16 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

The Blues/Jets were on both Fox Sports Midwest and CNBC (yes, CNBC!), tonight. I like Darren Pang so I always go with Fox when I can. Besides when they use Doc Emeric on NBCSN, ugh.

LET'S GO BLUES!!!

I spent the entire time they were interviewing Brooks Orpik after the OT winner yesterday letting Pierre McGuire know how much his commentary sucks ?

7 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

@SpeedNoodles I think your Wild are out of it, no?

They were never in it this year to begin with.  I"m much more likely to watch the coastal teams than our team here, since the Wild's upper management has never had any interest in building a winning team (Why should they? The arena has been selling past capacity since the team began, and there's a wait list of 5 years for season tickets.  Why should they bother putting effort or money into them?).  I'm looking forward to Seattle's team starting, since we'll be moving out that way anyway.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone is still watching during the conference finals.  Since we are Blues fans  and on the Ovation in Alaska wanted to share that we have not seen any feed up here with the playoffs.  Had to stream the game and the lag is pretty bad.  Hopefully the Caribbean has either more places to watch sports and/or better VOOM service.  

6 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Not sure if anyone is still watching during the conference finals.  Since we are Blues fans  and on the Ovation in Alaska wanted to share that we have not seen any feed up here with the playoffs.  Had to stream the game and the lag is pretty bad.  Hopefully the Caribbean has either more places to watch sports and/or better VOOM service.  

We won! Series tied 2-2. HORN HORN HORN. . . .LET'S GO BLUUUUUUUUUUES!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 12:56 AM, ScooterScott22 said:

If any of you are in Nassau for the game, The Bearded Clam sports bar is a St. Louis Sports bar.. They love the Blues, Cardinals and Mizzou