Allure Propulsion Issues

our August 4 cruise has been affected by this RC cut out St Thomas and replaced with San Juan{ super bummed}  and cut the hours in each port as well.  They waited for final payment day before changing it.  No compensation offered yet either.  My cruise planner was just quietly changed.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:26 PM, tiny260 said:

Hey Kayla.

You will receive your letter ours is the last week in September 2019 and we got ours today ? I’m cancelling tomorrow we will be in hurricane season still and propulsion problems are not ok . They should be cancelling a cruise and putting it in dry dock . Not to mention they are removing St Thomas 7am - 6 pm and exchanging it for Puerto Rico 8am to 1:30 pm on an island still struggling and very little to do ? The since it will take longer to get to the Bahamas and then home you arrive at 11am? To 6 pm not 7am - 12 midnight  !! Would have to cancel excursions at both places . No not ok

30 minutes ago, Brnslee said:

Just got my email... They are changing itineraries as far out as middle of September...

We are due to sail 9/15 and they took away St Thomas and gave us San Juan... And shaved 3 hours off port times .. ugh

And we were REALLY looking forward to St.Thomas

Cruise Email

We got ours to and if you notice Nassau is also shortened was 7 or 8 am to 7pm and now it’s a maybe arrive at 11am leave at 6 .not happy to be on this ship in hurricane season with this problem . Happened in 2017 on this ship and we were late every where and constantly missing our excursion .Im looking for another cruise . 

On 4/16/2019 at 8:22 AM, KyleinOhio said:

We cruise June 9th. I really hope this doesn't cause any issues. This is our first cruise and I've pretty much been counting the seconds since I booked it over a year ago. 54 days to go!!! :88_raised_hands:

I just got off the phone and as of now all itinerary’s are changed until November they hope the drydock that was damaged a few weeks ago will be fixed if not it will be changed until Feb 2020

I've been to St. Thomas but not San Juan, so I don't mind the change but my question is at Nassau: our excursion starts at 11am and now the ship will dock at 11. Will they push back the excursion start time accordingly? We've booked the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter through RCI. 

On 4/25/2019 at 2:21 AM, VTHappyGirl said:

If they have to run slower though should we expect itinerary changes at the very least?

On the June 23rd sailing to St Kitts/St Thomas/Nassau and don't see how you make it to St Kitts going slow and allow enough port time.

How much in advance do they tell if any itinerary change? 

Fingers crossed as the main reason for picking this cruise was the St Kitts stop.

We are sailing on June 23 and just received the email today. My husband and I have been on this ship before. That is why we chose it to take our entire family of 22 on it for our first grandchild's  graduation. This makes me nervous. I am also concerned about Puerto Rico being safe after that hurricane that wiped it out!

4 minutes ago, Schilefam said:

We are sailing on June 23 and just received the email today. My husband and I have been on this ship before. That is why we chose it to take our entire family of 22 on it for our first grandchild's  graduation. This makes me nervous. I am also concerned about Puerto Rico being safe after that hurricane that wiped it out!

Hi! I’m from Puerto Rico and everything is running almost the same as before the hurricane. The tourist areas in old San Juan are great and it would be close to the dock if you want to stay in the area. 

Just now, Jessie said:

Hi! I’m from Puerto Rico and everything is running almost the same as before the hurricane. The tourist areas in old San Juan are great and it would be close to the dock if you want to stay in the area. 

Thank you. We have stayed in Puerto Rico before after a cruise. It is beautiful. I am just being momma bear!

20 minutes ago, Schilefam said:

I just embarked out of San Juan on Freedom.  Everything is fine there.

I am curious what will happen with the November itineraries. We booked for St.kitts, St. Thomas and Cocoa Cay. If they bump us from st. Thomas And Cocoa Cay we would have to find something else. Does anyone know the difference in going to Nassau compared to Cocoa Cay as far as time and distance? 

1 hour ago, Schilefam said:

San Juan was not 'wiped out' in the hurricanes.  Make no mistake the impact was significant but it was far from being wiped out.  I've been a number of times since it re-opened.  It remains one of my favorite Caribbean ports.  Fantastic history there that has survived countless hurricanes over several centuries.  The forts there date back to the 1500's.     

10 hours ago, mamacruzy said:

our August 4 cruise has been affected by this RC cut out St Thomas and replaced with San Juan{ super bummed}  and cut the hours in each port as well.  They waited for final payment day before changing it.  No compensation offered yet either.  My cruise planner was just quietly changed.

I am on that same cruise, 25th Wedding Anniversary...  I have a Facebook Group with others traveling on the same cruise, if you would like to join us feel free to request to join at the following link....    www.facebook.com/groups/272920816922573/  Don't expect Royal to compensate for a change in itinerary, they just adjust the itinerary to fit in so it will not have any major affect on the other ports.  They took out St. Thomas and replaced with San Juan because San Juan is closer to Nassau and by being closer and traveling at a slower rate, it will not have a major affect on the Nassau port.  This problem with the Azipods has happened prior to this ship and others.  It is like anything mechanical, it does not last forever.  It like when you start to hear something weird when you are driving you car.   You don't want to take off form work to get it fixed so you have to work around it, drive a little slower until you are able to get it in the shop.   This is the same with these cruise ships.  They don't want it to have a major affect on their passengers so they try not to cancel cruise's then just make the necessary adjustments to make it work.   Royal really takes care of their customer base, especially the frequent cruiser.  They will ensure everyone has a great time on their cruise.  

Check your travel insurance policies..some of them have pre-departure port of call change prior to departure clauses which will pay out a set amount for each change in itinerary.  

I know it's definitely not available to Florida residents, but some others may benefit.

12 hours ago, Schilefam said:

We have an excursion booked in Nassau too at 11:00am. I am curious to hear about this

@Schilefam  I called RCI just now and the rep was super helpful. He spoke to a couple departments and also to his supervisor to ensure that the excursions we booked through them will still happen. It'd just be slightly delayed but we are guaranteed to still have the same amount of time as stated on the excursions. I'm not sure which one you booked and how long it is. Ours is 11-4pm.  So even with an one hour delay, we'll be back by 5pm to make the 6:30pm sailing.

This article is from 2013. I wonder if they haven’t fix it since then. 

Maybe they are not thinking for fixing it. We are cruising in August and got an email to say itinerary changed. Change to different port of call and Shorter time in Nassau ? 

52C58609-ADEF-43F3-87E9-AFA172AEC521.png

898728E5-2278-4984-8BE3-FB0E2FD36254.png

6B35CFE5-325D-4DB0-B5AB-C755C0F39188.png

C11CB868-4243-4218-955D-1376C54C683A.png

5 minutes ago, signtec said:

I sail on Aug 3rd and they changed our itinerary we can not go to St. Thomas and now have to port in San Juan which I am not happy about the whole point of this trip was

St. Thomas.  I will not sail with Royal Caribbean ever again!

Welcome to the message boards.

All cruise contracts on all cruise lines have provisions that permit itinerary changes.  Regardless who you cruise with, this is always a possibility.  

Keep that in mind when you book your next cruise on another cruise line.  

Just got the notice about our trip change on the 5/19 sailing. Just a little later to Falmouth, not too bad. Has anyone been on the ship when it had the propulsion pod issue? Just wondering if we'll notice anything. I'm thinking slower speed might be smoother sailing, depending on weather of course. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards.

All cruise contracts on all cruise lines have provisions that permit itinerary changes.  Regardless who you cruise with, this is always a possibility.  

Keep that in mind when you book your next cruise on another cruise line.  

Think you meant Aug 4th, the Allure does not depart Ft. Lauderdale on Aug 3rd.

17 hours ago, Sandra007 said:

I just got off the phone and as of now all itinerary’s are changed until November they hope the drydock that was damaged a few weeks ago will be fixed if not it will be changed until Feb 2020

Eh, maybe some Russian roulette with which cruise will be cancelled in November/December? I’m booked for the December 1st cruise, so the answer you got worries me...

No emails about changes in itinerary for my cruise, so for that part the information you got seems to be correct.

3 hours ago, signtec said:

I sail on Aug 3rd and they changed our itinerary we can not go to St. Thomas and now have to port in San Juan which I am not happy about the whole point of this trip was

St. Thomas.  I will not sail with Royal Caribbean ever again!

Think you meant Aug 4th, the Allure does not depart Ft. Lauderdale on Aug 3rd.

54 minutes ago, Rayma said:

Eh, maybe some Russian roulette with which cruise will be cancelled in November/December? I’m booked for the December 1st cruise, so the answer you got worries me...

No emails about changes in itinerary for my cruise, so for that part the information you got seems to be correct.

If the Drydock in the Caribbean get fixed it should take no more than a week to get back in service. 

Anyone have an itinerary for Fort Lauderdale, St Kitts, Puerto Rico, Nassau? I got an email saying that my shore excursion in Nassau booked with RCL has been cancelled. The ship now leaves at 1:30 p.m. not 6:30 p.m. even though it still showing up on the website as 6:30 p.m. departure.

1 minute ago, 12thman said:

Anyone have an itinerary for Fort Lauderdale, St Kitts, Puerto Rico, Nassau? I got an email saying that my shore excursion in Nassau booked with RCL has been cancelled. The ship now leaves at 1:30 p.m. not 6:30 p.m. even though it still showing up on the website as 6:30 p.m. departure.

I do on our May 12th cruising. When is yours?  I haven't received any email about that. 

Just now, SLJ said:

I do on our May 12th cruising. When is yours?  I haven't received any email about that. 

Mine is Sept 15th just read the homepage and it has the "new" itinerary. Even it says 6:30 p.m. The email Says in bold the ship leaves Nassau at 1:30 p.m. Why even stop there. That's a 2 and half hour port call.

I sail February 16th 2020 to st maarten, st thomas, and cococay. Should I be looking to switch to another ship? It seems like my itinerary would definitely be impacted if the issue isnt fixed. I'm not overly concerned about exactly what ports I visit except cococay is a must. how likely is it that it will be fixed by then? If I have to rebook I want to do so as early as possible to get the best rates and I dont want to wait til last minute to find out our trip is negatively impacted or even cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, Dave26 said:

I sail February 16th 2020 to st maarten, st thomas, and cococay. Should I be looking to switch to another ship? It seems like my itinerary would definitely be impacted if the issue isnt fixed. I'm not overly concerned about exactly what ports I visit except cococay is a must. how likely is it that it will be fixed by then? If I have to rebook I want to do so as early as possible to get the best rates and I dont want to wait til last minute to find out our trip is negatively impacted or even cancelled. 

CocoCay is not as likely to be impacted because Royal wants people there to spend money on their island and it's very close to Florida. 

Ports that are altered tend to be for logistical reasons such as it's impossible to reach all ports when a slower speed is forced upon them - the distance is too great.

16 hours ago, 12thman said:

Mine is Sept 15th just read the homepage and it has the "new" itinerary. Even it says 6:30 p.m. The email Says in bold the ship leaves Nassau at 1:30 p.m. Why even stop there. That's a 2 and half hour port call.

We are also on Sept 15th sailing.

We were notified two days ago that our upcoming June Allure trip has been altered.  We are no longer going to St. Thomas at all.  They said there is a propulsion issue.  Any advice on what to do? I'm so upset bc we were really looking forward to the St. Thomas leg of the trip.  Our Bahamas day is now shorter, and I'm worried about what this propulsion issue means.  What if one of the other of the three propellers (?) dies, would we get stuck on the open sea? 

21 hours ago, Cruzlover12 said:

Just got the notice about our trip change on the 5/19 sailing. Just a little later to Falmouth, not too bad. Has anyone been on the ship when it had the propulsion pod issue? Just wondering if we'll notice anything. I'm thinking slower speed might be smoother sailing, depending on weather of course. 

Hey I'm on the same sailing! 

From what I've heard, if we're at higher speed, we may feel a bit of a rattle/shake, but that's why they adjust our itinerary. As far as I'm concerned for our sailing, it's a non-issue and business as usual. 

Sucks if it's a total port change though. Sorry to those that are dealing with that.