Jr Suite cabins are sold out 4 months ahead of final payment on Anthem Oct 19 sailing

JLMoran

Wow. This is basically a complete 180 from my sailing to Bermuda last year on Anthem. It's literally the exact same 5-night itinerary, down to being the last such sailing offered before Anthem switches over to the fall CA/NE sailings. Only difference is that last year's was Oct 13, while this year's is Oct 19.

Last year, JS cabins were still available well after final payment date, and they were even offering JS Guarantee at one point in an effort to get them all booked. Pricing on the J4 cabins was the same as I've been seeing the whole time for my upcoming sailing, around $1,250-$1,300 per person.

But with this upcoming sailing, there were only two Junior Suites left on the ship yesterday; and as of today, almost exactly four months before final payment date, they are completely sold out! Now the lowest suite class cabin available is a Grand Suite - 1 BR Guarantee at about $1,650 per person.

Would love to know what caused such a difference in JS bookings for the same exact sailing, just one year apart. I can't imagine The Key plays a part, since it duplicates some of the benefits you get even with a JS cabin. Maybe word about CK has really spread. ?

@Lovetocruise2002, when is Canadian Thanksgiving this year? Should I be looking for a bunch of families on school break? Given last year's senior- and families-with-newborns-heavy passenger load, I wouldn't mind seeing more "middle of the road" families; it might cause Royal to have more evening entertainment geared toward my age bracket! ?

Canadian thanksgiving this year is Monday, October 14th.

I would not over analyze. Same thing happened with Anthem GC. We booked a JS in July 2018 and right after that, all JS were completely gone. Shortly after that, all the suites were gone. About a week or so prior to final payment, a whole bunch of suites came back. As of today, the JS are gone again but there are other Sky and Star class suites to choose from still. 

50 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Canadian thanksgiving this year is Monday, October 14th.

Oh well. I'll still hope for better entertainers than last time (not including Spectra and We Will Rock You, which were both beyond awesome). But I also won't be surprised if I find the Las Vegas Tenors on board again, crooning away to songs of the two decades before I was even a gleam in my mother's eye. Hopefully the Music Hall will have that Journey cover band, or a Led Zeppelin one!