How spacious is a Spacious Interior?

Harmony in June, currently set for a regular, tiny, interior room and just got my Royal Up offer. The only offer that grabbed my attention was a $40/pp minimum bid for a Spacious Interior room. I didn't even realize that they had bigger interior rooms, else I would have booked it to begin with since we are a family of 4 sailing and normal interior rooms are tight!

Anybody have any experience with the Spacious Interior rooms? Are they that much bigger, will they relieve some of the inevitable sparse living quarters or will we not really even notice much of a difference? I did a message board search, but didn't find much help.

So this should be an upgrade to a 1R category room. You'd go from 149 to 260 sq ft which is a HUGE improvement for four people. Plus I think these rooms have the built in bunk beds and curtains so that you can have some level of privacy in areas of the room. I would say you definitely want to bid on this upgrade! In an interior room you'll have two people on beds and two people on beds that pull down from the ceiling over top of the main bed. It's doable, but not fun for a family. 

Remember three things about Royal Up. 

1) Your bid price is per-person for the first two people, so if you bid $40/pp you're bidding $80 total. 

2) The bid arrow telling you "good, better, best" bid or whatever terminology they use is not based on other bids but on the slider for your bid. If you slide to the middle the arrow goes to the middle. It's not really giving you any information about how strong your bid is relative to any other bids. 

3) Just because you can bid doesn't mean the room is even available. I would definitely check the price for just booking that category. See if anything is available and you may just want to pay for the upgrade instead of bidding. 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, gregorykicks said:

So this should be an upgrade to a 1R category room. You'd go from 149 to 260 sq ft which is a HUGE improvement for four people. 

Seems like a no brainer. Definitely worth a bid and the money if you win.

Good luck!

A word of caution though.  Just be SURE that what you are bidding on is actually an upgrade.  I have been reading some stories that the upgraded category that some passengers have been bidding on don't even exist on their ship.  I would just be SURE that the category that they are offering you actually exists on your ship and that it is really an upgrade.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

A word of caution though.  Just be SURE that what you are bidding on is actually an upgrade.  I have been reading some stories that the upgraded category that some passengers have been bidding on don't even exist on their ship.  I would just be SURE that the category that they are offering you actually exists on your ship and that it is really an upgrade.

Well that seems to be, in the words of one of my nieces, a little sketchy!

11 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Talk about confusing.  I know Royal will send upgrade bids for rooms that are sold out, but haven't heard of rooms that don't even exist on that ship.  How odd. ?

OP...never been in one but have noticed the spacious interiors.  If you are already in an interior and don't mind a room without a window, then I saw it's well worth the upgrade for $80.  I'm sure you can do a google search and find one (or even do a mock booking to see the basic picture) but sounds like a lot more room. I'm looking at Harmony and they are at the front of the ship, so you have to be ok with that.

Thanks everybody, went ahead and put in a bid slightly over the minimum for the Spacious Interior. Sounds like these rooms are about 2/3rds bigger than my current room and my current room was already near the front of the ship, so that is no issue (probably on a different deck, though, but I can deal, honestly picked the front of the ship because thats where Adventure Ocean is!). A view outside would be nice, but more room is what is really sounding good to me right now

Not only have some passengers been offered bids on rooms that don't exist on their ships but often times (even on Royal's own website !) the photos that they provide advertising their room categories are incorrect.  Just be very careful.  I would hate for anyone to pay for an upgrade that turns out to be not such an upgrade after all.

Good luck !

I stayed in one on Liberty once that was a last minute booking for a guaranteed inside cabin. It was more than double the size of the regular inside cabin. I’m not sure on harmony, you need to check. It had plenty of room for four people: a large bed, sofa bed, 2 bunk beds, a walk in closer, lots of drawer space. I’m sure it’s similar on harmony, but I would their website for square ft. On sq ft. 

Eric reeves

• 3 years later...