visa en escale a st peterburg ?

Bonjour

Nous serons 2 jours en escale à St Pétersbourg avec Brillance of the seas debut juin. Mon agence m'a téléphoné ce matin pour moi demander si j'avais bien demandé mon visa pour l'entrée en Russie. Sur les forums, certains disent que si on prend les excursions avec le croisiériste nous n'avons pas besoin de visa. Pouvez-vous m'indiquer votre expérience. 

Merci par avance.

Françoise 

I do not speak French, so I hope you are able to translate this appropriately.

I have no personal experience with cruising to Russia, but when I research it there is not a visa requirement for cruise ship passengers if they are booked on a tour that is licensed with the Russian government.  

You cannot explore St. Petersburg on your own without a visa.  You must stay with your licensed tour and when it is over you have to return to the ship.

If you do not have a tour planned, you will need a visa.

You can not leave Russia by any other means other than the cruise ship without a visa.  If something happens such as a medical emergency where you are unable to make it back to the cruise ship, you will be stuck in Russia at your own expense until a visa is issued.

Translation:

Hello

We will be 2 days stopover in St Petersburg with Brilliance of the seas beginning of June. My agency phoned me this morning asking me if I had asked for my visa to enter Russia. On the forums, some say that if you take the excursions with the cruise line we do not need a visa. Can you tell me your experience. 

Thanks in advance.

Françoise 

Second message

Thank you for this clarification, no problem for translation.

This is what I had read during my research on the Internet but my travel agency told me that it was absolutely necessary to have a visa.

Your opinion comforts me in my positions.

Kind regards.