CocoCay and the Drink Package ***

Kfitz59

17 minutes ago, Kfitz59 said:

Hello,

I just saw on a Facebook post that the drink package is not working on CocoCay and that we need to bring cash if we want to drink while there.

I am hoping that this is inaccurate. Can anyone advise? We are going next week.

#fakenews

#IblametheRussians

The drink package works on CocoCay and... cash is only accepted at the Straw Market.

You can't use cash at a bar on CocoCay so this is totally fake.  

It would be interesting to see the posts on FB stating people were charged with the drink package.  I only found this one which says people were charged 2.00 but it seemed to be a service charge that actually was a computer error that day.  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2529187-cococay-2-charge-for-drinks-with-the-package/

Maybe they were confused.  On CocoCay. just like Labadee and the ships, they have specialty drinks.  I believe on CocoCay it is called the Cocoloco.  It is an alcoholic beverage in a pineapple that is more than the dbp allows.  Thus, they will be charged that cost differential plus grats.

I remember the 1st time we went to CocoCay yrs ago.  Many purchased that pineapple.  We had the deluxe.  I said can you make the same drink and just place it a cup?  Yep.  Since it was not in a pineapple we were not charged a dime.

6 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

Maybe they were confused.  On CocoCay. just like Labadee and the ships, they have specialty drinks.  I believe on CocoCay it is called the Cocoloco.  It is an alcoholic beverage in a pineapple that is more than the dbp allows.  Thus, they will be charged that cost differential plus grats.

I remember the 1st time we went to CocoCay yrs ago.  Many purchased that pineapple.  We had the deluxe.  I said can you make the same drink and just place it a cup?  Yep.  Since it was not in a pineapple we were not charged a dime.

I didn't even know that getting a Coco Loco in a pineapple was an option. They just gave it to me in a cup. Maybe you have to specify pineapple?