Ditching RC for NCL this Thanksgiving

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

What's a Galaxy Pavilion ?

It's an area on the NCL Joy where Virtual Reality and Laser Tag are played. Laser battle outdoors on Deck 20 of a ship in the middle of the ocean — just saying.

There's an interactive video wall plus interactive virtual reality experiences to get your thrill on, including a Star Wars (YES!!) cockpit simulator and an exhilarating hang-gliding ride. 

On 4/9/2019 at 9:23 PM, melski94 said:

I would love to know your opinion of NCL.  I've looked at the reviews of Bliss + class and priced out a few cruises.  For my cruising weeks, the price was the same if not more than Oasis class so I'm sticking with RC.  However, would also love to see a comparison of the pros and cons.

We love the Haven on the NCL ships (with only one exception - the Epic), especially the medium sized ones going to Alaska (the perks with the Haven can make it a once in a lifetime experience). We now sail more often with RCL, but the Haven can be amazing (royal class is similar, but it for us is almost embarrassingly like have a servant rather than simply first class service as with the Haven). But we love the sky class suite experience on the larger RCL ships ?

On 4/11/2019 at 6:52 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

How can a FREE drinks package still cost you $19.80/day ?  

That is the gratuity on the package.  Similar to RCI 18%.  But they value their drink package at $99 per day and everyone in the cabin must buy some package even kids.

The Admin fee is what threw us.

3 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

It's an area on the NCL Joy where Virtual Reality and Laser Tag are played. Laser battle outdoors on Deck 20 of a ship in the middle of the ocean — just saying.

There's an interactive video wall plus interactive virtual reality experiences to get your thrill on, including a Star Wars (YES!!) cockpit simulator and an exhilarating hang-gliding ride. 

looks very cool. I am going on Joy for Thanksgiving so I am excited to try out the Galaxy Pavilion. I went on Bliss last year but Bliss didn't have this so Im excited Joy does! 

5 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

1 hour ago, AGSLC5 said:

looks very cool. I am going on Joy for Thanksgiving so I am excited to try out the Galaxy Pavilion. I went on Bliss last year but Bliss didn't have this so Im excited Joy does! 

Encore is getting a galaxy pavilion as well, 10k square feet of VR activities. 

5 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

We love the Haven on the NCL ships (with only one exception - the Epic), especially the medium sized ones going to Alaska (the perks with the Haven can make it a once in a lifetime experience). We now sail more often with RCL, but the Haven can be amazing (royal class is similar, but it for us is almost embarrassingly like have a servant rather than simply first class service as with the Haven). But we love the sky class suite experience on the larger RCL ships ?

I think Epic was just poorly conceived from the beginning. We’ve always avoided it because of the bathroom setup in the balconies and mini suites

20 minutes ago, Andrew72681 said:

I think Epic was just poorly conceived from the beginning. We’ve always avoided it because of the bathroom setup in the balconies and mini suites

True. But the Haven suites/villas are like they are on most of the ships with wonderful bathrooms (an odd thing to say about bathrooms, but watching Alaska float by as you shower is just fabulous!). Still, the conceirge staff isn’t nearly as good as in the other Havens IMHO, the ship layout is odd, and it creaks and sways endlessly (including all night long, every night). I am not sure I would do the epic again if you gave me the haven at no charge ?  For now I think we will go with RCL through 2020 when we should be Diamond and we might branch to some of the associated lines then. At least that is the current plan! ? As everything seems to note - *subject to change without notice ?

1 hour ago, Andrew72681 said:

Encore is getting a galaxy pavilion as well, 10k square feet of VR activities. 

Yeah I saw that. Very cool too. I live in Florida and I just wanted to check out LA before my cruise and that's why I am going with Joy. 

6 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Exactly....I think it's the reason why it's the only one of its class. ?

They got it right in the mini/junior suites on the breakaway class though. We actually liked that bathroom better than the ones in the Junior suite on Harmony. The lack of a double sink sealed the loss and very much outweighed having a bathtub instead of just a full length shower. 

ECF907A5-F52D-4332-8821-084222A0911E.jpeg

FB0CB581-33E0-4CF6-BCAC-0861298A1743.jpeg