Cabanas in Labadee

Fairlynew

I have seen great pictures of Cabanas on Labadee.  I know some are in the suites area and not in the cruise planner, but i thought there were some on Nellie's Beach, but they don't appear in my Cruise Planner.  My sailing is March 2020.  Does the fact they aren't appearing mean they are sold out or are they just not available yet?

They're just not available yet. Keep checking every week or so until you see them show up. Then be ready to grab one fast if you want one; they tend to sell out quickly, and the prices rise quickly as well. Once you've purchased it, or if the price is just too high at the time, keep checking the Cruise Planner for price drops as new sales are announced.

Also keep in mind that only one person in your party needs to purchase the reservation; that person will then give the attendant a list of everyone who will be using the cabana when you get to Labadee, and those people will be given wristbands to show they're allowed in to the area.

Thank you for your replies.  Actually, JLMoran, it was your post of your cabana in Labadee that got me interested.  Are the ones that are not over the water on the beach or farther away?  Also, this trip is just me and my husband.  Would we better off with just a couple of beach chairs and an umbrella?  Can you reserve those?  Thanks again for the replies.  

If it’s just two of you, a cabana is definitely overkill and very expensive on a per person basis. There is also the option of a beach bed that you may find equally nice and it’s much more economical for two. You find more information in this article.

The other option is the beach lounger “clamshell”, which you can read about here. My only “reservation” would be that it’s on Adrenaline Beach, which is the rockier one.

Forgot to answer your question about the cabanas: The beachfront ones, per this other article (thanks for all these links, @Matt!) “are recessed at the rear of the beach, in a secluded area.  Beach cabanas cost $395 (for up to six guests).  Unlike the beach cabanas at the suite-only Barefoot Beach, the beach cabanas at Nellie's Beach are located in a private area, separated by a short wall.”

10 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

Does the fact they aren't appearing mean they are sold out or are they just not available yet?

It's just not available yet... we were able to book our Nellie's Beach (over the water) cabana in Labadee, almost 10 months out... we're on Allure next month.

Just keep checking... we booked it right away when it first appeared to play it safe (had heard on the forum that they sometimes sell out quickly). It went on sale later this past JAN (10% off) and we cancelled and re-booked immediately! We decided to splurge since we're going with another couple. I would be happy with any cabana or structure that provides some shade... can't wait!

Thank you to all of you for your replies!!!  It looks like a cabana is much more than we need.  We do want shade, though, so I will look at the options when they are available.  Again, I appreciate your help and advice!!  This is the first time we have done a cruise with just the two of us, so the planning is very different than with a family group.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:55 PM, JLMoran said:

They're just not available yet. Keep checking every week or so until you see them show up. Then be ready to grab one fast if you want one; they tend to sell out quickly, and the prices rise quickly as well. Once you've purchased it, or if the price is just too high at the time, keep checking the Cruise Planner for price drops as new sales are announced.

Also keep in mind that only one person in your party needs to purchase the reservation; that person will then give the attendant a list of everyone who will be using the cabana when you get to Labadee, and those people will be given wristbands to show they're allowed in to the area.

Guess I got really lucky, I was able to purchase one on Sunday for our cruise that leaves this coming Sunday.

5 hours ago, JerseyJoe said:

Guess I got really lucky, I was able to purchase one on Sunday for our cruise that leaves this coming Sunday.

Based on past history of postings here, I would say that is indeed really lucky. Maybe someone decided to cancel their reservation last-minute?

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I have never had a bungalow so I don't know what that capacity is.  I believe it is either 6 or 8 persons.  The cabanas have a 6 person max.

So we would need 2 cabanas to accommodate the kids?  Sorry for the rookie questions but I’m not sure if the kids are counted toward the total or just adults. 

9 minutes ago, JayJay1908 said:

So we would need 2 cabanas to accommodate the kids?  Sorry for the rookie questions but I’m not sure if the kids are counted toward the total or just adults. 

How many in your party?  10 kids?  

While a cabana might have a stated capacity of 8 that doesn't mean you'll enjoy 8 people crammed into a single cabana. 

An interior cabin can hold 4 adults... on paper.  Putting 4 adults in an interior cabin and enjoying the cruise is another matter.  

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

How many in your party?  10 kids?  

While a cabana might have a stated capacity of 8 that doesn't mean you'll enjoy 8 people crammed into a single cabana. 

An interior cabin can hold 4 adults... on paper.  Putting 4 adults in an interior cabin and enjoying the cruise is another matter.  

Gotcha. We have 5 kids so I’m thinking 2 cabanas would be most comfortable. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, JayJay1908 said:

Gotcha. We have 5 kids so I’m thinking 2 cabanas would be most comfortable. Thanks!

Four adults and five kids is pushing the limit, but...  if the kids will be off swimming or doing other stuff then that is a consideration too.  Will all 9 huddle in the cabana at once?  How old are the kids, how they get along, how well you tolerate your friends and their kids, etc.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Four adults and five kids is pushing the limit, but...  if the kids will be off swimming or doing other stuff then that is a consideration too.  Will all 9 huddle in the cabana at once?  How old are the kids, how they get along, how well you tolerate your friends and their kids, etc.  

Kids are ages 13, 11, 8, 4, 3. The older kids usually do their own thing (13 and 11 age boys usually wind up pairing up to hang/swim). 8 year old is a toss up - she may wind up hanging with anyone in the group. I’m assuming we would be spread out but I’m thinking 2 cabanas would make things more comfortable, especially if one of the littler kids winds up napping. 

An Update:  We are 313 days away from sailing, and the cabanas on Labadee showed up today.  Following the expert advice here, I decided that the cost of $264, while not bad for a family, is more than I want to pay for two people.  That will almost cover a drink package for one of us-I'd rather sip cocktails at Labadee than sit in cabana.  The clam shells for $49 are a better option, but the pricing seems to be per person, not per shell, which is weird.  Since we upgraded to a GS, we have access to Barefoot Beach so we are going to wing it and hope that we find a shady spot.  

1 hour ago, Fairlynew said:

Following the expert advice here, I decided that the cost of $264, while not bad for a family, is more than I want to pay for two people. That will almost cover a drink package for one of us-I'd rather sip cocktails at Labadee than sit in cabana.

I can't argue with your reasoning, but will also note for anyone else reading this and thinking about a cabana for their own sailing that $264 is a fantastic price; that's almost as low as what I paid last year, and definitely worth snapping up if anyone else is seeing that price. Probably ties in with the Cruise Planner sale that started today. 

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I can't argue with your reasoning, but will also note for anyone else reading this and thinking about a cabana for their own sailing that $264 is a fantastic price; that's almost as low as what I paid last year, and definitely worth snapping up if anyone else is seeing that price. Probably ties in with the Cruise Planner sale that started today. 

I'm not sailing till next August and when I saw the bungalows available in the cruise planner we reserved 2 for our party of 11, thanks to all of the helpful info from you guys!  Thanks for the help!

6 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

The clam shells for $49 are a better option, but the pricing seems to be per person, not per shell, which is weird.

Just so you know, even though they ask you to select all the people using it, the clamshells are the same as the cabanas in that you only pick one person's name and they are priced per unit not person.