Harmony Coastal Kitchen

HawkeyeFan

Recently returned from the 9-night Harmony of the Seas sailing.  There were 8 of us, including 3 children ages 6, 8 and 9.  All 8 of us at there for dinner 6 of the nights onboard.  The food and waiters were great.  The children's menu is the same each night, but they were able to order off the adult menu also.  What was really awesome was that they also got them chicken strips, cheeseburgers and fries and mac and cheese, even though it was not on the menu.  The waiters were so sweet to our grandkids and brought them chocolate milk and "Shirley temple" drinks as soon as they sat down.  We (the grandparents) ate there every night and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.  As far as a dress code for dinner, men wore either slacks and a shirt or nice shorts and a polo shirt.  Women the same or a casual dress.  The 2 concierge, Mohamed and Elaine, were there during the dinner time to assist with questions or reservations.  The access to the Coastal Kitchen and suite lounge were the best part of staying in a suite along with the access to the suite sun deck.  Loved it!

We just got off of Anthem last week, we ate in the MDR two of the nights and all of the rest of the nights we ate in Coastal Kitchen and as you stated it was absolutely amazing!  I would almost  book a suite just to be able to eat there again!  Wife did not want to go there at first because it was something new, after we ate there one night and went back to the MDR on night 3 she was asking me to make reservations for the rest of the week.  Even if there is something that they have on the menu that is in the MDR it is still much better in CK than in the MDR.  Had several items that we had in the MDR one of the two nights and it was definitely upgraded.  An absolute amazing experience and I absolutely loved every dish we had! 

2 hours ago, bhageerah said:

I would almost  book a suite just to be able to eat there again!

This is exactly what happened to us!  Tried CK out a few years back.  Have not booked anything less than a JS since then on ships that have CK.  

BTW @Matt are you reading this thread?? #teamCK  Let's get those shirts made! ?

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Do the menus change every night at CK? I've looked for CK menus on the blog, but they are few and far between.

They rotate through a 7 night menu. I sent a PDF version to @Matt last month but I will post them here tomorrow morning when I am back on my laptop. Keep in mind that Night 5&6 might be reversed depending on which night is formal night.

@Baked Alaska HM CK menus.

Keep in mind that Night 5/6 flips depending on which night is formal night.  Formal night will have the lobster.

CK D #1_ENG.pdfCK D #2_ENG.pdfCK D #3_ENG.pdfCK D #4_ENG.pdfCK D #5_ENG.pdfCK D #6_ENG.pdfCoastal KIDS MENU.pdf

CK D #7_ENG.pdf

On 4/10/2019 at 5:22 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think the ambiance and service in the CK has as much to do with the enjoyment as the food itself. So glad you enjoyed it. I agree with you....having options outside of the MDR and the WJ along with the other wonderful suite perks are what make the suites worth the extra cost.

Totally agree with this one.  The ambiance / service we experience in the CK has us making sure to always have a room that include the CK all day access.

Just now, Baked Alaska said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Thank you so much for posting the dinner menus!! Are the lunch menus similar to the dinner?

Nope.  Lunch rotates through two menus.  Day 1-4 and 5-7.  I have the Day 5-7 menu posted on my live blog from HM in March.  I know where I can find the Day 1-4 one but I will have to post after work tonight. I don't like CK as much for lunch.  I mainly have breakfast and dinner there.  Breakfast menu does not change.  Same each day.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:35 AM, TheHobbys said:

Totally agree with this one.  The ambiance / service we experience in the CK has us making sure to always have a room that include the CK all day access.

I am going to hate to admit it but this is DEFINITELY something that I am considering, I was absolutely blown away by the service and attention that they gave us in CK, we had grown so used to the service in the MDR that we did not realize the elevated service at CK.  I know that this is going to be the problem when we book a GS, it will be hard going back to the normal OB.  I know that we are going to become absolutely SPOILED ROTTEN and fall in love!! 

On 4/25/2019 at 10:14 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Nope.  Lunch rotates through two menus.  Day 1-4 and 5-7.  I have the Day 5-7 menu posted on my live blog from HM in March.  I know where I can find the Day 1-4 one but I will have to post after work tonight. I don't like CK as much for lunch.  I mainly have breakfast and dinner there.  Breakfast menu does not change.  Same each day.

When we were on the Harmony, my daughter had special requests for breakfast that were not on the menu.  They easily and graciously accommodated her requests.  

Taking Harmony in June.  We have a JS.  How and when can I make reservations at CK?  The dinning space looks amazing on line and everyone's commits have got me itching to give it a go.  

My DD's, ages 17 and 15 are in an adjoining ocean view balcony cabin.  Will they be allowed to join us at dinner?

3 hours ago, wstephensi said:

Taking Harmony in June.  We have a JS.  How and when can I make reservations at CK?  The dinning space looks amazing on line and everyone's commits have got me itching to give it a go.  

My DD's, ages 17 and 15 are in an adjoining ocean view balcony cabin.  Will they be allowed to join us at dinner?

we never really needed reservations for the CK - you just show up and they'll seat you.  Now, if you want to be 'safe' then you can make reservations with the CK host once on board.  Sometimes, it was busy in there (sea days or at like 7pm when everyone wants to eat)

Your guests in the OVB won't have access to the CK.  Only JS (dinner only) and higher suite guests.

5 hours ago, HawkeyeFan said:

When we were on the Harmony, my daughter had special requests for breakfast that were not on the menu.  They easily and graciously accommodated her requests.  

They are really good about doing that.  On both Harmony and Anthem they accommodated special requests from my kids.

4 hours ago, wstephensi said:

The JS is tricky.  It's CK for dinner only, not breakfast or lunch.  Usually you can make reservations with the suite concierge when they send the welcome email about a week out.  With the JS, you have to wait until you get on board, and it is based on availability. 

I have heard many conflicting reviews on this, especially on the Oasis class ships.  There have been many reports that some have not been able to get into CK every night with a JS.  YMMV.  On Anthem, there seems to be better luck at getting in each night.  I usually do not read too much into negative comments but let's just say that I have read enough to cause me enough concern that we have upgraded Symphony to a GS just to ensure that it doesn't happen.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 10:14 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Breakfast menu is the same every day, but you can order other meals and they will accommodate. 

• 4 weeks later...

Question about the wine list.  My favorite sparkling wine is on the mdr list but not ck list.   If I ask very nicely do you think I could get a glass or 3? in ck?   Only sky class so no genie magic. We have drink package and it is within the price limit by the glass so I don’t want to buy a bottle.  They did bring our favorite mdr wine from mdr to chops for us on navigator and charged us glass price-also within drink package limits

11 minutes ago, Fairlynew said:

Question about the wine list.  My favorite sparkling wine is on the mdr list but not ck list.   If I ask very nicely do you think I could get a glass or 3? in ck?   Only sky class so no genie magic. We have drink package and it is within the price limit by the glass so I don’t want to buy a bottle.  They did bring our favorite mdr wine from mdr to chops for us on navigator and charged us glass price-also within drink package limits

My recommendation is to ask the Suites Concierge when they contact you prior to the cruise.  While drinks are not necessarily in their swimming lane, they can mention it to the Suites manager and hopefully accommodate you. It certainly can’t hurt to start there.