How is beer served by the pool?

I’m one of those weird people that brings a koozie with me on vacation... Silly question - is bottled beer served in bottles by the pool or do they pour them into cups? Just trying to determine if it’s worth packing koozies for bottles/cans or not? I can’t be the only one that loves them, well specifically the yeti colster. They keep drinks so cold ?

16 oz aluminum screw top bottle are what they serve for your main stream beer brands.  I bought an off brand aluminum Yeti type can cooler for the 16 oz ones and have had it on several cruises now.   Its like a taller 12 oz can Yeti but holds the odd shaped 16oz AL. bottles just fine.   Its funny because I walk up to the bar and because of that the bartenders always recognize me immediately and know I'm the guy with that can cooler and like Miller Lite...lol.    They've even asked to hold it and check it out which is fine with me.    

14 minutes ago, rtread said:

When you buy a "bucket of beer" at the pool bar, do they pop the tops or not?

Ive never ordered one but I'd think they give you the same type of screw on top aluminum bottles if you are getting main stream beer brands

9 minutes ago, klc317 said:

Ive never ordered one but I'd think they give you the same type of screw on top aluminum bottles if you are getting main stream beer brands

OK....trying to find a way to take a few cold ones back to the stateroom. The idea of having a few on the balcony appeals to me....

44 minutes ago, samiaam25 said:

I’m one of those weird people that brings a koozie with me on vacation... Silly question - is bottled beer served in bottles by the pool or do they pour them into cups? Just trying to determine if it’s worth packing koozies for bottles/cans or not? I can’t be the only one that loves them, well specifically the yeti colster. They keep drinks so cold ?

Not weird at all, I’m a koozie person and a yeti person and brought both on my cruise last week and neither left my stateroom. FWIW I drank Dos Equis which was served in plastic cups poured from glass bottles so I could enjoy in the solarium pool. Somehow they never got warm on me ?

33 minutes ago, klc317 said:

16 oz aluminum screw top bottle are what they serve for your main stream beer brands.  I bought an off brand aluminum Yeti type can cooler for the 16 oz ones and have had it on several cruises now.   Its like a taller 12 oz can Yeti but holds the odd shaped 16oz AL. bottles just fine.   Its funny because I walk up to the bar and because of that the bartenders always recognize me immediately and know I'm the guy with that can cooler and like Miller Lite...lol.    They've even asked to hold it and check it out which is fine with me.    

Thanks!! I am obsessed with my yeti colster. Everything stays so cold! But I think it only holds 12oz cans and bottles?? I’m going to have to look into one of the off brand ones that will hold a 16oz can! 

30 minutes ago, samiaam25 said:

Thanks!! I am obsessed with my yeti colster. Everything stays so cold! But I think it only holds 12oz cans and bottles?? I’m going to have to look into one of the off brand ones that will hold a 16oz can! 

I found it at Walmart actually.   Cant remember the brand name offhand but they work as well as a Yeti and look just like them.   Just get the 16oz can size (they are taller) and work just fine with the screw top 16s they serve on the ship.

14 hours ago, rtread said:

When you buy a "bucket of beer" at the pool bar, do they pop the tops or not?

No. I usually have a few beers in the mini-frig. Even if you don't buy it by the bucket. A good bartender will give you two beers and leave one capped. Those are the ones that get extra tips. ? 

14 minutes ago, packercruising said:

No. I usually have a few beers in the mini-frig. Even if you don't buy it by the bucket. A good bartender will give you two beers and leave one capped. Those are the ones that get extra tips. ? 

THAT'S what I'm looking for.....thx

23 hours ago, rtread said:

THAT'S what I'm looking for.....thx

There was a bartender on our last cruise that said she was required to uncap the beer, but she saved the caps so we could recap them right away. Other bartenders, on the same cruise, had no problem leaving them capped. She might have been new.

• 3 years later...
On 4/9/2019 at 5:27 AM, samiaam25 said:

I’m one of those weird people that brings a custom koozies with me on vacation... Silly question - is bottled beer served in bottles by the pool or do they pour them into cups? Just trying to determine if it’s worth packing koozies for bottles/cans or not? I can’t be the only one that loves them, well specifically the yeti colster. They keep drinks so cold ?

Hello, my friend it is nothing like to think you are beard. Bringing a koozies for yourself on vacation that's good ideas. You can use them as not only as to serve a bottled beer but they can be used for multi-purpose. It is worth to get koozies as they can also keep your drink cool.